Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Simple corn poblano salad

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Simple corn poblano salad

A little town called Taber, Alberta produces fantastic corn and it is in season right now. It's so good I don't even cook it, it's at its pinnacle raw. Here is a dead simple little salad that I think celebrates this amazing ingredient:

- 3-4 cobs worth of fresh corn kernels sliced off the cob
    - 1 poblano pepper
    - 1 chive finely minced
    - 1 clove of garlic finely grated
    - 1 tablespoon lime juice
    - 1/2 teaspoon sugar
    - fresh ground S&P to taste

Roast off and de skin the Poblano when all skin is charred. I'm doing this on my stove burner in the picture. Finely mince roasted poblano flesh and then combine with all other ingredients. Give it 20 min to get happy in the fridge and serve cold. Makes a great side for roasted meats, veggies and Q. You can see it with my cast iron skillet sausage bake in the photos.
    Attached Files

I have never even heard of eating corn raw! Farmers market is in the AM though! Food looks terrific by the way, thanks for sharing.

Comment

• bbqoaf
      bbqoaf commented
      Editing a comment
      I only do it raw with fresh, local, high quality corn. I also like adding it to other salads, adds sweetness and nice texture.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
Working...
X
false
["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
false
false
{"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
Yes
["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
/forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here