Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Paella

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Paella

Featured on Food Channel, maybe 'best thing I ever ate'

Sun-Wed 10:00 am to 7:00 pm, Thu-Sat 10:00 am to 8:00 pm 10700 Merritt Street, Castroville, California 95012

I had 'Paella' mail ordered, & was not disappointed!

Funny. I bought a paella pan and have yet to use it. Looks like a lot of steps and a huge learning curve for me but it's something I would like I'm sure!

Comment

The paella cook comes at 15:45. At one point the cook corrects Padma's Spanish.

This recipe is similar to the one in the video.

If you go to the Food Network site, it is credited to Janet Mendel.

Last edited by gcdmd; June 7, 2019, 06:13 PM.

Comment

Paella is delicious, and oh so versatile.

And you can get yourself a paella burner to satisfy your MCS for an hour or two.

Click image for larger version

Name:	burner.jpg
Views:	157
Size:	76.9 KB
ID:	691638

Comment

• johnec00
        johnec00 commented
        Editing a comment
        gcdmd The label says its La Barraca. We got it about ten years ago from La Paella and this appears to be the current equivalent:

We offer paella pans, burners, food and other products imported from Spain, along with tips, techniques, and recipes for cooking authentic paella at home.

The outer ring is about 14" diameter.
        Last edited by johnec00; June 8, 2019, 02:52 PM.

• gcdmd
        gcdmd commented
        Editing a comment
        Thank you, John.

George

• 58limited
        58limited commented
        Editing a comment
        Why did you have to post that? MCS kicked in again

Livermoron - I was doing mine out on the grill because I can't get even heat on my range top. I didn't know this existed. I really need to turn over the rest of the backyard and make an outdoor kitchen.

Comment

After the northern California fire siege of 2008, Gerard Nebeski, of Gerard's Paella and a friend of one of our firefighters, brought his road show to our headquarters and cooked a giant paella for the whole Unit of 110 employees. It was his way of thanking us, and was the first time I tried paella. It was love at first bite. I've learned how to make a pretty good paella myself, but here's a version of Gerard's that's very good: http://ediblemarinandwinecountry.edi...eat-bobby-flay

Comment

• gcdmd
          gcdmd commented
          Editing a comment
          Nice article and recipe, Mike. Thank you.

I often do paella on the Weber 22. Here is an example. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9GGmxCR-UfE

Comment

• ScottyC13
          ScottyC13 commented
          Editing a comment
          Do you do a full chimney of charcoal for paella? I want to try it but want to get the temperature right.

• troymeister
          troymeister commented
          Editing a comment
          I do about 1/2 to 2/3 of well lit coals. If it’s too hot I raise the pan with 2 fire bricks. Sometimes I’ll keep a lit chimney on deck if the fire gets to low.

I have eaten there, at Phils. Hole in the wall in an industrial area. Walking up to it I'm thinking, man I hope my friend know what he's talking about. Plus the parking is not easy.

Line almost to the parking lot. 2/3 of the tables were full. Excellent food. I had fish and chips. Friends had calamari, halibut, chipino, salmon. All great.

Did not know they were online. Thanks
        Last edited by ofelles; June 8, 2019, 02:17 PM.

Comment

• Ricorocks
          Ricorocks commented
          Editing a comment
          Yes! You Bruin Fan, shipped was 'Chipino', wonderful!

Well, I read this thread and MCS kicked in. I now own a paella pan: found a 24" damaged one on Amazon for $32.00. It only has minor scratches on the cooking surface. Now I need the burner and the stand....

Comment

• Ricorocks
          Ricorocks commented
          Editing a comment
          Nice lookin Ride

Announcement

Collapse
      No announcement yet.
      Working...
      X
      false
      ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
      false
      false
      {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
      Yes
      ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
      /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here