Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Shrimp Boil Kebabs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Shrimp Boil Kebabs

Click image for larger version

Name:	Photo Feb 26, 5 52 01 PM.jpg
Views:	393
Size:	223.7 KB
ID:	643047 Tried something fun. I made the kebabs with red potatoes, corn, andouille sausage and shrimp. I parcooked the potatoes about 8 minutes in boiling water with some shrimp boil spices added to the water. I then made up the kebabs and put them on a Napolean 64007 Shish Kebob Wheel that attached to my Weber Rotisserie. I uses the SnS on one side of the Rotisserie for the fuel. While it was spinning, I would periodically baste with a garlic butter sauce with some shrimp boil spice added to it as well. It was fun. I overcooked the shrimp which was a shame, but the corn and the potatoes were perfect as well as the sausage. I bet I could've taken them off a 10-15 mins earlier and it would have been perfect. I will have to try this again. It is just fun cooking things with the Rotisserie!
    Attached Files

Looks awesome. My wife has a couple brothers that live in the low country in South Carolina and we have had low country boils a number of times with them. Love the idea of cooking them like this.

Comment

Fantastic !!! I just bought one of those rigs, been dying to try it out. Love the shrimp and andouille combo. It's difficult to cook shrimp with another protein, you seemed to pull it off. I like the parboiling of the potatoes, great tip and technique !

Comment

• Steve B
        Steve B commented
        Editing a comment
        I think giving the andouille a precook will make it all come together.

Very nice presentation.

Comment

Were those raw shrimp or pre-cooked? They look pink which makes me suspect precooked of course. If so I wonder if using raw would wind up with everything cooking together well at the end.

Comment

Love seeing creative kebab cooks especially when using the same kebab accessory I have.

Comment

Yes sir!!!!

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
            No announcement yet.
            Working...
            X
            false
            ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
            false
            false
            {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
            Yes
            ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
            /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here