Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Meathead’s Schmancy Hot Smoked Salmon

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Meathead’s Schmancy Hot Smoked Salmon

Well I wasn’t going to fire up the kettle ONLY for a batch of Cinful Pecans so I went with another first for me - Meathead’s Schmancy Hot Smoked Salmon . After the nuts came off, I gave the cooking grate a quick scrub and got the salmon on. These were 2” thick so they brined from 9am - 11am at which time they went on the kettle. Kept rolling with the Kingsford Professional and cherry wood from earlier, temps right around 220F. I took them off after 50 min. I’m "meh" on salmon, my wife is the huge fan. But this was fantastic, I’ll happily do this again. The kiss of cherry smoke was just perfect. She made a nice risotto to go with it too.
    Attached Files

Looks great! Like eatin fish, like eatin salmon, good dinner.

Comment

Looks great! So far, my favorite smoked fish! I go a little heavier on the rub.

Comment

I absolutely love this recipe! I use either brown sugar or Agave nectar for the topping, both produce an outstanding flavor.

Comment

Nice looking fish. Kudos to your wife on the risotto , that makes a nice pairing !!

Comment

"Meh" changes to "Yeah"!

Comment

• FishTalesNC
              FishTalesNC commented
              Editing a comment
              Totally EdF

• EdF
              EdF commented
              Editing a comment
              Funny how that can happen! FishTalesNC

Announcement

Collapse
          No announcement yet.
          Working...
          X
          false
          ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
          false
          false
          {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
          Yes
          ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
          /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here