Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Where to Buy Spices Online

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Where to Buy Spices Online

I used to get my spices from Penzeys but their constant political proselytizing has really irritated me and put me off them.

Looking for a good quality source of basic spices.

Thanks!

I've had great luck with The Spice House
    The OmegaDog

Comment

• jfmorris
      jfmorris commented
      Editing a comment
      I second The Spice House

I had precisely the same experience and reaction and switched to The Spice House. They're at least as good, if not better than, Penzey w/no politics. The irony is that it's owned by Bill Penzey's sister (or the other way around)! https://www.thespicehouse.com/

Comment

• jfmorris
      jfmorris commented
      Editing a comment
      Second this one

I buy all my spices from Walnut Creek Cheese in Sugarcreek Ohio. I don’t need to order them online because I’m only 30 minutes from their store. I am happy with their products.

Located in Holmes County, Ohio in the center Amish Country, offering quality foods at quality prices. Our homestyle foods reflect the simplicity and authenticity of our area. From fresh baked goods, jarred fruits and vegetables, jams and jellies, meats and cheese, and Uncle Mike's Meat Snacks, we have all the favorites

They offer free shipping on $75 or more

They have more than just spices also.

Comment

Do you have something like a "International Market"? They usually sell in bulk at much better then grocery store prices.

Comment

Another vote for The Spice House.

Comment

I'd suggest looking local. We have 'natural' food stores that have bulk jars.

Comment

I to am going to switch to the Spice House from Penzy's

Comment

The Spice House looks like a good source, I'll have to try them. I too gave up on Penzey's, I've been using a few other places like My Spice Sage, Monterey Bay Spice Co., and Pendery's - a great selection of chilis.

Comment

The Savory Spice Shop will easily meets your needs. They offer a wide variety of very high quality spices. I've been patronizing them since they opened their first store in downtown Denver, 15 or so years ago. In recent years they have gone online: https://www.savoryspiceshop.com

There are some Savory Spice stores located around the country that you can find on the website.

Comment

I switched from Penzeys to The Spice House in December 2016. I have been very impressed with the quality at The Spice House. Even better, I have no idea what political beliefs the owner holds.

Comment

Before I found Penzeys I used to order from https://www.spicesetc.com.

I remember really liking a few of their things, mostly fajita seasoning. I found Penzeys looking for ground Chipotle and kinda forgot about spices etc. I’m worn on politics, so I’ll be looking at Spices Etc or the Spice House going forward.

Comment

+1 on the Spice House. Never used Penzey's.

Comment

Interesting that the owners of Penzey's and The Spice House are brother and sister...

Comment

I too have abandoned Penzey's because of the politics. Use Savory Spice and Spice House often
                        Last edited by ofelles; November 24, 2019, 01:22 PM.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                        No announcement yet.
                        Working...
                        X
                        false
                        ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                        false
                        false
                        {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                        Yes
                        ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                        /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here