Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Seasoned Salt

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Seasoned Salt

Anyone have advice on using Lawry's (hope it's permissible to reference a brand) seasoned salt on thick steaks and burgers? Can it be used to dry brine several hours before grilling, is it used differently for steaks and burgers? I am still struggling with the salting/brining technique and the quantity/timing for steaks and burgers. Thanks in advance.

Don't dry brine ground meat. I use salted seasoning for plenty stuff.

Comment

Might want to check this guy's stuff out: https://www.naturiffic.com/product2/

Comment

I like to use montreal steak seasoning on burgers and steaks, no dry brining, plenty of salt in the seasoning. For seafood and other stuff, I tend to use McKormic season all (great on french fries).

Comment

Can’t help with that brand, I don’t like it. Actually don’t like any mix like that. Give me salt and seasoning separate please!

Comment

I use Omnivore Salt for much of my brining. It's probably 95% salt and 5% herbs and spices. Fine grind so very sparing with it.

Comment

Most of my dry brining is kosher salt. I like a coarse grind because it is more visible. If you are using something finer, be careful not to overdo it. No reason you can't use season salt, but based on Meathead's information the seasoning will be left on the outside. I also think there's nothing wrong with a couple of hours of dry brine for steaks.

Comment

I knew I would get the correct guidance from this group....thanks again!!!

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                No announcement yet.
                Working...
                X
                false
                ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                false
                false
                {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                Yes
                ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here