Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Online Source for Premium Spices?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Online Source for Premium Spices?

I'm looking for a recommendation on an online source for high quality spices. Anyone have a go-to they would share?

Penzey's

Comment

Are you looking to buy in bulk, or just to reduce overhead cost?

Comment

• hoovarmin
      hoovarmin commented
      Editing a comment
      Neither, really. I'm just wanting to get a higher quality than what I find in the grocery store.

I usually buy from "SpicesInc.com"

Not sure if that is considered premium.

Comment

Try Savory Spice Shops.

Comment

I am by no means an expert on the subject, however it goes without saying that the fresher the better. Getting it whole and grinding just before using is the freshest you can get. Otherwise, try to get it from a source that moves a lot of spice, that way you aren't getting something that was ground months/weeks ago. Mrs. CN likes to hit the local natural grocery store who has bulk jars and discounts on Saturdays. I have no experience with these, here are a few online retailers:

The Spice House online store features exquisite spices, herbs and seasonings. Browse our fabulous selection of spices and recipes and bring your dishes to life.

Shop from our high-quality range of food seasoning & bulk spices online. Get what you need at your favorite online spice store today!

Discover new spices, herbs, peppercorns, and more at Spice Jungle. We proudly offer over 450 unique and hard to find culinary ingredients sold in bulk.

Discover Spice Inc's 500+ spices and seasonings! Bulk customers love our quality, variety, and crazy fast shipping. Explore our selection now!

We've provided superior quality herbs, spices, and teas to discerning chefs for nearly 20 years. We go to the ends of the earth to get the freshest spices possible, then bring them home to create original blends inspired by regional traditions.

Good luck in your quest.

Comment

• Potkettleblack
          Potkettleblack commented
          Editing a comment
          Spice House did a group buy for a group I’m in and they have phenomenal stuff. Penzey’s as well.

Planters seed company out of Kansas

Comment

Friscoe is a good one too

Comment

I used to order from Penzeys and recently started using The Spice House https://www.thespicehouse.com and prices are usually better than Penzeys and I can't tell any difference in quality.

Comment

Thanks to everyone!

Comment

Thanks for all of those resources and for the question hoovarmin. I am going to use these suggestions, too.

Comment

many of my spices, chilies, veggies and even a lot of my beef I comes from our family farm or ranch. Hit up local farmers markets and grind fresh. I have had good luck with spice islands for preground stuff. When buying in bulk I usually use frontier.

Comment

I actually just made my first order last week from A1 Spice World.

By total coincidence their warehouse happens to be about 20 minutes from where I live. The owner called after I placed the order and dropped off the spices at my house to save on shipping cost.

So far so good in terms of quality and the price was great.

Comment

• Mr. Bones
                      Mr. Bones commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Gotta love a deal like that!!!
                      Kudos to th' Owner!!!

• HouseHomey
                      HouseHomey commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Service is often not considered in overall value these days. That's a mistake.

I am currently an enthusiastic customer of The Spice House
                    The Spice House online store features exquisite spices, herbs and seasonings. Browse our fabulous selection of spices and recipes and bring your dishes to life.

Comment

Originally posted by Steve B View Post
                      Try Savory Spice Shops.
                      Another vote for Savory Spice Shops

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                      No announcement yet.
                      Working...
                      X
                      false
                      ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                      false
                      false
                      {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                      Yes
                      ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                      /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here