Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Pork Loin Sous Vide

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pork Loin Sous Vide

OK, while putting the loin together for bacon, We are also going to have some loin chops for dinner. I plan to sous vide them in a nice sweet & sour confit. I have Lemon Confit aging on the counter in salt and Orange Confit aging in sugar, spices and salt. I plan to use that, some juice, butter, peaches and a bit of Pineapple juice to make the sauce in the bag. it will cook in the bag, then that sauce will cook in the small saucepan to brown up, then make a nice pan sauce for the meat after it sears. Pics later.

I thought about Sous Vide this morning. I have a few tri-tip steaks left that are seasoned and frozen. Thought about wrapping tightly in foil and putting in the pit and setting the Auber at 125.

Comment

I just had a bnrisket and pork butt sous vided. Unreal....

Comment

• mgaretz
        mgaretz commented
        Editing a comment
        Details please?

• Ernest
        Ernest commented
        Editing a comment
        I swear by Sous Vide + BBQ combo.

SERIOUSLY, Meathead, you CANNOT leave us hanging like that!

Comment

Chef Ryan and I went to visit the folks at ChefSteps.com in Seattle and we shot some videos with them. Among other things, they did brisket and butt sous vide and they were among the very best I ever tasted. I am waiting for them to send me details such as the temps etc. Hang in there! Full report and film at 11!

Comment

• Jerod Broussard
          Jerod Broussard commented
          Editing a comment
          You da man!!!!!! Even if I don't get my 1,000,000,000,000 bottles of Vanilla Frappuccino.

Well, not to be outdone, here is the Sous Vide Pork Loin. The sauce which includes lemon & orange Confit with cooked & buttered peaches as well as Pineapple juice. all of that cooked IN the bag with the meat. Confit is a very interesting flavor in the meat. The fruit, confit and juices go into the saucier while the meat stays in the water and warm and make a simple pan sauce by cooking juices down to a glaze, deglaze with a couple of tablespoons of Cider Vine Click image for larger version

Name:	Pork Confit made Sous Vide.jpg
Views:	66
Size:	202.1 KB
ID:	96268 Click image for larger version

Name:	Pork with confit sauce bite.jpg
Views:	63
Size:	197.6 KB
ID:	96269 gar, then a little balance with a ouple of tablespoons of Elsinore's honey. let that cook down while searing the meat, everything goes over a bit of white rice. HWMO eats with some cold Carrots and Peppers from breakfast.

Comment

• Jerod Broussard
          Editing a comment
          Well done. Final product, not final internal temp.

Long grain rice??

• Karon Adams
          Karon Adams commented
          Editing a comment
          Sticky Rice. all we had. I don't eat rice much. medically, I can't. not more than a bite or two. I can't eat pasta, either. nothing that swells. so I rarely DO rice. but, HWMO wanted some. and that's OK. I am, mostly, an obligate carnivore with a bite or two of something. the sauce and one or two bites of rice is enough for me. Tovi is 10 and has been unwell for the last several weeks, so her diet has changed to chicken and rice, as I mentioned in another post. the vet specified the sticky rice because it has more protein (or something, I'm not a rice expert for obvious reasons) so that's what we have.

• Jerod Broussard
          Editing a comment
          It looks long, but medium is more sticky. Hence the reason it is so popular in the far east. You can get more with the chopsticks. I prefer long for everything. My parents prefer medium for gravy cause it soaks it up better, and long for gumbo.

Confit:
        BTW, the meat was DIVINE!. Note, the Confit is POWERFUL! I was concerned about the salt levels. the preserving jar is so salt saturated there is undissolved salt in the bottom of the jar and the liquid is almost as this as syrup. that's good but be aware. The taste of the lemon/orange confit is deep, very deep and complex. When you use your confit, be certain to scrape all the pith away (you don't when you put it in) and use less rind than you think you need. it can almost overpower the meat if you let it. but I went a little (but not little enough) light with is. I'll use less, next time. I used three lemon quarters for two largish steaks. I would back off to two or even one and a half.

Comment

That looks awesome....oh man I feel like I am getting closer to getting a SV.

Comment

• Karon Adams
            Karon Adams commented
            Editing a comment
            Look at it this way: How much will a REALLY great steak cost you in a restaurant. Not the local steak buffet, a REALLY great steak. Now, how much for the whole family to go there (cause you don't want to go alone). How many can you make at home?

Math can be EASY!

Meanwhile, here are Tovi and Tangle, trying to convince HWMOP that THEY would very MUCH like to taste some Pork Loin with Confit cooked in the Sous Vide. Especially since we took Tovi's Rice.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Sous Vide Faces.jpg
Views:	62
Size:	196.5 KB
ID:	96278 Click image for larger version

Name:	Sous Vide Face.jpg
Views:	69
Size:	245.9 KB
ID:	96279

Comment

• Spinaker
            Spinaker commented
            Editing a comment
            Okay i have to ask.....what does HWMOP mean? @karenadams

• Karon Adams
            Karon Adams commented
            Editing a comment
            the P does don't belong. It is supposed to be HWMO, as in He Who Must Obey. my husband, Denver.

Announcement

Collapse
        No announcement yet.
        Working...
        X
        false
        ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
        false
        false
        {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
        Yes
        ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
        /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here