Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

rack of pork

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

rack of pork

hello everyone, hope y'all safe and healthy. I recently bought a good one open range grill/smoker and it has upped my q game considerably. I've smoked salmon, baby backs, steaks, chicken, tri-tips and turkey. My next effort will be a rack of pork which I will probably season and smoke low and slow. What I would appreciate from this forum are any suggestions as this isn't a common cook (at least I haven't seen any ). Thanks in advance and looking forward to your inputs. - ribthang

Welcome! You will love it here! I have really upped my game, that’s for sure.

Looking to wow your guests this holiday season? Cut from a 10 or 12 bone rack of pork that is trimmed (Frenched) to expose the ends of the bones, a pork crown roast is the ultimate edible centerpiece. It is also perfect for filling with a flavorful stuffing as done in this recipe for smoked pork crown roast.

Comment

Welcome from Minnesota. Enjoy The Pit!

Comment

Welcome! The first thing ya need to do is make sure there is no feathers on the rack of pork. Eat good & have fun!

Comment

• bbqLuv
          bbqLuv commented
          Editing a comment
          Pig feathers, so that is how pigs fly!
          And I thought it was the PBR.

• Steve R.
          Steve R. commented
          Editing a comment
          Scales are also something to watch out for, I hear.

Welcome to the pit from the bbq capital of New England, Massachusetts.

Comment

Welcome to The Pit.

Comment

Welcome to the Pit!

Comment

If you want a rack of pork to come out good, get all over it with a digital thermometer!!! 145F in center of loin above 160f = dry ass chewy pork flavored leather!

Comment

• ribthang
                ribthang commented
                Editing a comment
                Thanks

Welcome from Maryland.

Comment

Welcome from St. Cloud, FL.

Comment

Hey Welcome from Herndon, VA! I have the Open Range and love it! I keep looking at what my next smoker will be...but I'm having a hard time finding something that will be as flexible and hold as much fuel. So far briskets are my favorite, and prime rib is a close second. Its hard to beat the reverse sear capability of the open range on those bad boys. That reminds me I need to get one for Christmas! Happy holidays.

Comment

• ribthang
                    ribthang commented
                    Editing a comment
                    love mine too, did a brisket(18 lb.)and it was done in 13 hrs, was expecting a longer cook. The open range just seems to take things up a notch and makes it easier

Announcement

Collapse
                No announcement yet.
                Working...
                X
                false
                ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                false
                false
                {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                Yes
                ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here