Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Baby Back Hold Time?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Baby Back Hold Time?

Due to scheduling conflicts, I'm doing 5 racks of baby backs tomorrow morning, taking them off noonish, and planning on dinner at 6:30. Was thinking a low oven hold for the 6 hours or so, but I'm hesitant to wrap. Plop them all on sheet pan and cover/uncovered? What's your guys' experiences?

Never held them that long after cooking. Likely to be pulled pork with bones. Can you take them off and not hold them, but let them cool then fridge them and re-heat (in anything, smoker, oven) an hour before dinner? Not sure if that's a better option really. I have long-cooked ribs <200 for 20hrs and they were bark central and terrific, but I don't recommend that.

Comment

• CaptainMike
      CaptainMike commented
      Editing a comment
      I could start them for 2-3 hours then finish later in the afternoon and cambro for the 20 minute trip. Using the pellet pooper so it is easy start/stop. Hmmm.

• EdF
      EdF commented
      Editing a comment
      I like it!

I'm pretty sure that, if you leave any cooked meat uncovered in an oven hot enough to avoid the danger zone (i.e. over 140) for 6 hours, it is going to strongly resemble jerky at the end of that period.

Comment

• CaptainMike
      CaptainMike commented
      Editing a comment
      I was thinking the same thing. Thanks for your feedback.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
Working...
X
false
["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
false
false
{"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
Yes
["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
/forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here