Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ribs and Chicken Combo, a feast!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ribs and Chicken Combo, a feast!

Well, this is the first time that I've posted anything like this so please be gentle!! Apologies for the quality of the photographs.
    First, the tunes were selected..
    Click image for larger version

Name:	dog 365.jpg
Views:	92
Size:	84.6 KB
ID:	8942
    And then the refreshments were organised.

Name:	dog 369.jpg
Views:	95
Size:	80.5 KB
ID:	8943
    I didn't drink all of the above but its nice to have a good selection at arms length.
    The meat?? A slab of ribs and half a chicken.

Name:	2014-08-09 12.16.31.jpg
Views:	100
Size:	85.8 KB
ID:	8944
    Salted for two hours and then rubbed with Meatheads Memphis Dust

Name:	dog 355.jpg
Views:	92
Size:	83.9 KB
ID:	8945
    I set the WSM up and smoked the meat for three and half hours at roughly 230 degrees adding a couple of chunks of hickory at the start and then again after the first forty five minutes. I also put a tray of par boiled potatoes rubbed with Meatheads Chili Powder under the meat to catch any drippings.

Name:	bbq 004.jpg
Views:	99
Size:	67.1 KB
ID:	8946
    Nearly there now! All seems well, just got to paint the ribs with KC Classic Sauce (with the addition of a touch of Ghost Chile. Also,I tend to cook the onions very slowly to get them really caramalised).

Name:	bbq 008.jpg
Views:	90
Size:	62.8 KB
ID:	8947
    Time to dish everything up. The beans in the picture are just done in the slow cooker with onion, chili powder and some leftover pulled pork.

Name:	bbq 010.jpg
Views:	101
Size:	80.0 KB
ID:	8949
    Yum yum!!
    And with plenty of left overs as well.
    Attached Files

Nice. I cooked two chickens yesterday. I cut off the wing tips which resulted in less feathers I had to remove, which resulted in less grossing out by the wife over feathers that had to be removed off a carcass she was about to eat.

Comment

A few feathers never harmed anyone!!

Comment

• Jerod Broussard
        Jerod Broussard commented
        Editing a comment
        I joke and say I prefer mine hydrolyzed.

Nice lookin meal GS. How was the bite through on the ribs? 3 hours nowadays is pretty quick for ribs to finish.

Comment

I prefer a bit of a chew to my ribs.
        I've done them longer in the past and where as they may have been falling off the bone, they were too soft for my liking.

Comment

Those look like some smoking hot tunes for a cooking session, old school vinyl too! Speaking of hot - Ghost Pepper ingredients, can you say 2x habanero on the Scoville scale. Indeed it is good to have a few brewskis at arms length.

Comment

Michael
            They are actually CDs.
            I didn't want to keep going and changing records over every twenty minutes or so - I was busy drinking beer in the garden!

Comment

A list of tracks off of the BBQ A O T record: Ain't that something!!!
              1. Frankie 'Half Pint' Jaxon - Down At Jasper's Bar-B-Que
              2. Big Boy Teddy Edwards - Who Did You Give My Barbecue To? Part 1
              3. Memphis Minnie - Pig Meat On The Line
              4. The Two Charlies - Pork Chop Blues
              5. Mississippi Jook Band - Barbecue Bust
              6. Blind Boy Fuller - I Crave My Pig Meat
              7. Barbecue Bob - Barbecue Blues
              8. Charlie Campbell And His Red Peppers - Pepper Sauce Mama
              9. Georgia White - Pigmeat Blues
              10. Frankie 'Half Pint' Jaxon - Gimme A Pig's Foot And A Bottle Of Beer
              11. Tiny Parham And His Musicians - Pigs' Feet And Slaw
              12. The Four Southern Singers - Ham Bone Am Sweet
              13. Hunter And Jenkins - Meat Cuttin' Blues
              14. Brownie McGhee - Barbecue Any Old Time
              15. Jolly Two - Come On Down
              16. Bessie Jackson - Barbecue Bess
              17. Bogus Ben Covington - I Heard The Voice Of A Pork Chop
              18. Bo Carter - Pig Meat Is What I Crave
              19. Savannah Churchill And Her All Star Seven - Fat Meat Is Good Meat
              20. Richard M. Jones' Jazz Wizards - Smoked Meat Blues
              21. Vance Dixon And His Pencils - Meat Man Pete
              22. Hank Jones And His Ginger - Barbecue Blues
              23. Big Boy Teddy Edwards - Who Did You Give My Barbecue To? Part 2
              24. Tempo King And His Kings Of Tempo - Alabama Barbecue

Comment

Yup
                It sure is mighty fine.
                Not too sure how many songs are actually about bbq and how many are about sex though!

Comment

Both topics can get a bit slippery at times and somewhat like the Colonels Fried Chicken too. Authentic Blues is packed full of double entendre and sexual connotations.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                  No announcement yet.
                  Working...
                  X
                  false
                  ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                  false
                  false
                  {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                  Yes
                  ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                  /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here