Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Porkbelly burntends tips needed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Porkbelly burntends tips needed

I just found a piece of porkbelly in my freezer and since i've never made porkbelly burntends i was wondering if someone on this forum have a failproof recipie for this..
    Either for the gasgrill or the kettle or even the wsm..

Thanks in advance!

oh.. the slab of porkbelly is just about a kilo/2lbs 'ish
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Elton's BBQ; August 2, 2020, 08:40 AM. Reason: Autocorrect fubar

I went last week with this method - cubed up into bite size pieces (probably 1-2 bites, more or less). Put in a bowl and tossed with the rub of choice. Got temp to 240* or so, average on the kettle, for three hours spread across the grill, then got a half sheet aluminum pan and added sauce of choice and tossed and covered. Let this go at same temp for about 90 minutes. Then uncovered, tossed around and let go uncovered for about 60 minutes.

This is what is listed for the pork belly bahn mi sandwich’s on the site, the process at least (accept that only calls for 2 hours on the grill with the individual chunks).

This is how I’ve gone about it the 3-4 times I’ve made belly burnt ends and they come out great.

Comment

• Elton's BBQ
      Elton's BBQ commented
      Editing a comment
      And a followup question..
      Do i trim the skin off first?

• barelfly
      barelfly commented
      Editing a comment
      @Elton’s BBQ yes, skin off is how the bellies I purchase come. But you could use that skin for chicharones! Fry that stuff up for some good snacks!

@Elton’s BBQ

• Elton's BBQ
      Elton's BBQ commented
      Editing a comment
      Roger that barelfly

Jess Pryles has a good looking recipe that seems pretty fool proof.

Made from the same cut as bacon, these piggy cubes are smoked low'n'slow until they turn into BBQ Pork Belly Burnt Ends. Just follow this recipe. 

Or at least a good starting point.

Comment

• Elton's BBQ
      Elton's BBQ commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks for the link Brother..

• BFlynn
      BFlynn commented
      Editing a comment
      Let us know how it turns out! This is on my list of things to try soon

• Elton's BBQ
      Elton's BBQ commented
      Editing a comment
      Will do.. it will be filmed and published on YT

We like this version. https://howtobbqright.com/2019/05/09/bacon-burnt-ends/

Comment

• grantgallagher
      grantgallagher commented
      Editing a comment
      The malcom reed recipe linked above is killer.

• Elton's BBQ
      Elton's BBQ commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks for the insights grantgallagher

• grantgallagher
      grantgallagher commented
      Editing a comment
      Elton's BBQ you can use whatever rub and sauce combo you want ive found...but the cooking times/technique is right on

I used Malcom Reed's recipe off his You Tube channel the one time I made burnt ends.
    Sorry me and links don't work out but use Google
    They turned out fantastic and were relatively easy to do

Comment

• Elton's BBQ
      Elton's BBQ commented
      Editing a comment
      I'll review it.. Thanks for the tip brother!

I follow the same method as barelfly detailed above. Skin off. Works out great every time

Comment

• Elton's BBQ
      Elton's BBQ commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks! Jfrosty27

• holehogg
      holehogg commented
      Editing a comment
      Agreed. I've used that method more times than I can count and turns out great every time.

I love pork belly, Malcolm has an excellent recipe for burnt ends but last few times I’ve cooked the belly whole to an IT of 175. Then cool it in the fridge so it will slice easy. I’ll make 1/2”-3/4” thick slices and grill it over direct heat and use a pepper jelly as a nice glaze.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
    No announcement yet.
    Working...
    X
    false
    ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
    false
    false
    {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
    Yes
    ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
    /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here