Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Baby Back Maple Lollipops!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Baby Back Maple Lollipops!

I'm a relative noobi to all of this. So, keeping that in mind, I tackled Meathead's Maple Glazed BBQ Pork Ribs this past weekend. Since I make my own maple syrup, it was natural that I went for this recipe. I followed everything to a "T", except, since I only have an 18.5" WSM, I had to stack the racks of ribs in a rib rack, and thus didn't wrap them. That, of course, meant I couldn't create the meat juices for the glaze. However, I went at it like this: at 4-hrs in I put a cup of apple cider and 1/2 cup of cider vinegar along with 1 TBS + 1 tsp of Meatheads World Famous Rib Rub in a pot and boiled-down to about 1/2 cup. Then I added 1/4 cup of my own very dark maple syrup and heated until it bubbled. When this was complete, I broke down the WSM and placed the cooking grate right on the charcoal ring, open the vents wide and let it rip. While the charcoal was getting cranked, I brushed the rib racks with the maple glaze - on both sides. Then I placed the rib racks on the grate, meat side down for a couple of minutes, flipped them for a couple of minutes, rotated them for a minute more, and them flipped them to the meat side for 2 more minutes. Holy...pig! They were outrageous. Literally like candied pork lollipops with a bit of a kick from the rub. I had some friends and family come try (proper social distancing, of course), and they were falling all over themselves for more. This site is great. You all are really helpful, and I've cooked the most amazing food over the last month. Thank you everyone, and I really appreciate that so many people, from all walks of life have come together to share our "secrets" and make amazing food!

Oh, I should add: I used beechwood from my property as the smoking wood.
    Last edited by 30acrewoods; May 4, 2020, 09:55 PM.

Fer bein a noobie you made quite the adaptation. It would’ve been outstanding if’n there wuz pics of the Holy Pig! Sounds like a great cook! BTW, is that Antarctica in yer avatar.

Comment

• 30acrewoods
      30acrewoods commented
      Editing a comment
      As soon as I can, I'll figure out the pic uploads. My excuse: sticky fingers from the pork ribs! Ah, nice catch! That is actually at DYE2 on top of the Greenland Ice Sheet. Indeed, I've also had the same experiences way down south...

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
Working...
X
false
["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
false
false
{"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
Yes
["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
/forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here