Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

First Try At Popper Stuffed Pork Loin

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Great idea, looks delicious. I’m wondering if the veggies aren’t bringing some extra moisture to the party? Maybe a bit longer sweating them before adding to the cheese mixture. Like others have said, try a different cheese? I’ve used crumbled up kettle chips as a binder before, helped absorb some of the moisture.

Sorry, Im not that knowledgeable on an alternative cheese.

Comment

OK, I tried this and... it's tasty. I varied things a bit...

I diced up a couple of jalapeños and 4-5 small sweet peppers along with a few cloves of garlic. Once I'd gotten things diced, I tossed them in the small food processor and chopped them a bit to something short of a tapenade paste. I spread that on the butterflied pork roast, then spread out a Mexican 3 cheese blend (https://www.organicvalley.coop/produ...-mexican-6-oz/), rolled it up and smoked on the smokey Joe for about 2 hours. Started with a chunk of pecan and let it go to 140F. Carryover took it to about 145 or so.

Verdict? Tasty. Needed more cheese and I could have butterflied it a bit better so the rolled out roast was thinner, but it was a good take on the idea of a rolled roast. It also makes nice sandwiches (I just finished one).

No before pics since I was busy but....

Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_0447.jpeg Views:	7 Size:	222.2 KB ID:	882067
      Last edited by rickgregory; July 17, 2020, 03:27 PM.

Comment

• Jim White
        Jim White commented
        Editing a comment
        Looks great!

• rickgregory
        rickgregory commented
        Editing a comment
        Tastes good too! Thanks for the inspiration.

Announcement

Collapse
    No announcement yet.
    Working...
    X
    false
    ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
    false
    false
    {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
    Yes
    ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
    /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here