Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

On call blues

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

On call blues

Was on call today and have the on call blues. Decided early this morning after work to do some stuffed pork tenderloins. Almost didn’t because, although it was in the 60’s, it was windy here in Western Kansas with wind speeds in the 30’s at my house. Glad I did.

Stuffed two pork tenderloins with garlic, rosemary, sage, salt, pepper, fennel, and sautéed wild mushrooms. Wrapped in bacon sprinkled with a dusting of Malcom Reed’s "The BBQ Rub" and put on the YS-640 at 450. Cooked to 140 and pulled. Used a blow torch to crisp the bacon. Did some steamed asparagus with hollandaise sauce. Had planned on a salad, however, got so excited about pork and hollandaise I forgot. Will definitely do again.

Attached Files

Love your technique for crisping the bacon. I will try that!

Comment

Deep fryer works on the bacon too.

Comment

• Sweaty Paul
        Sweaty Paul commented
        Editing a comment
        Deep fryer would be good. I don’t own one and until I clean garages and pantry it’s probably best I don’t suggest that acquisition. 😃

That looks delicious!

Comment

I vote YES!

Comment

Winner, winner, tenderloin dinner!

Comment

That first pic kinda scared me but the last pic explains everything - beautiful

No salad needed!
            Last edited by treesmacker; March 8, 2020, 11:08 PM. Reason: to say - No salad needed!

Comment

Very nice!

Comment

Thanks for the inspiration.. looks good.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
              No announcement yet.
              Working...
              X
              false
              ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
              false
              false
              {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
              Yes
              ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
              /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here