Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Fried Pork Ribs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fried Pork Ribs

A very popular snack, or also as an entrée, where I grew up, in Baker County, Florida, was fried spare ribs. Many people lived on small farms there back in the 1950s and 1960s and they all butchered hogs and steers. Anyway, while we were butchering, it was common to cut the ribs into individual ribs, salt and flour them, and deep fat fry them until they were golden brown. That's still more popular with the people my age there than buffalo wings. They also taste great if coated in buffalo wing sauce.

Also popular in Asia.

Comment

Sounds good, I can't stand the smell of frying oil after too many years in the kitchen, but if I see some going somewhere I will try it out! Oreo's are my fried food of choice.

Comment

Two things in this world that makes everything better...smokin and fryin!!!! Mmm mmmm mmmmmm that does sound good. Wonder how half smoked deep fried spare ribs would taste lol

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
        No announcement yet.
        Working...
        X
        false
        ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
        false
        false
        {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
        Yes
        ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
        /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here