Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Rendevous St. Lous

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rendevous St. Lous

Loaded up the SnS with B&B and lit some Kingsford to place directly below the ribs. Used the raised grate. Was able to run 400+ most of the cook. Took 2.5 hours with the last 30 minutes wrapped.

I left out the whole berries of the Rendezvous Rub. Used Apple Cider Vinegar for the Mop. Mopped a few times and then mixed BBQ sauce and Apple Cider for the last mop before the rub dusting.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20200119_154156.jpg
Views:	287
Size:	35.6 KB
ID:	793751Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20200119_195941.jpg
Views:	273
Size:	29.4 KB
ID:	793753Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20200119_200358.jpg
Views:	265
Size:	43.5 KB
ID:	793752Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20200119_214919.jpg
Views:	266
Size:	31.7 KB
ID:	793755Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20200119_223934.jpg
Views:	262
Size:	63.1 KB
ID:	793754

Sliced.
    Click image for larger version

Name:	15794962343071257278943.jpg
Views:	282
Size:	34.4 KB
ID:	793757

Comment

• MBMorgan
      MBMorgan commented
      Editing a comment
      Nice!

Crunch?

Comment

• Jerod Broussard
      Jerod Broussard commented
      Editing a comment
      Yeah, a little bit. I covered slightly as portions got dark and then finally wrapped it all up. Underside was about perfect blackness with that Kingsford underneath.

How often did you have to wipe off the keyboard?

Comment

• Jerod Broussard
      Editing a comment
      I needs it often but doesn't get it.

• Craigar
      Craigar commented
      Editing a comment
      I hear ya, sometimes it is just easier to lick the BBQ residue off of the keys.

Are those BnB bricketts (spelling??) and why did you cook at four hundee. Seems lime it took almost as long as 275-300.

is that all BnB in the SnS? We’re the ribs as dry as they look? How is that Black Sean sauce. I was thinking about that combo pack but at 8 bucks a pint I balked at it. Did you used to drink and then or have you always not drank??

Comment

• Jerod Broussard
      Editing a comment
      275-300 is about 2 hours longer. The thinner end of the rack was the usual little dry. Love the sauce. All BnB in the SnS. Never really drank myself. I wanted quick ribs, hence the Rendezvous recipe.

I'd rendezvous with those ribs...

Comment

Rendezvous cooks Baby Backs which I think can handle direct heat better. It looks like you cooked your St. Louis ribs indirect but at high temp to mimic the direct cooking effect. If you have ever eaten the ribs at Rendezvous how would yours compare?

Comment

• Jerod Broussard
        Editing a comment
        Never been. Should be able to tell you by August 1.

Mmmmmm, Mmmmmm WIBS!

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
      No announcement yet.
      Working...
      X
      false
      ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
      false
      false
      {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
      Yes
      ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
      /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here