Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Raspberry Chipotle Glazed Smoked Ham

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Raspberry Chipotle Glazed Smoked Ham

This is one recipe you have to try , we got it from HOW TO BBQ RIGHT.COM . We fired up the Hunsaker on New Years Day .
    Cooking temp on smoker was 275 f and we added a few cherry and apple chunks of wood to smoker. We cooked ham for approximately 3hrs . At 2.5 hrs we brushed the glaze on and smoked for another half hr to set glaze . We let it rest before serving .

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0252 (2).jpg
Views:	387
Size:	147.6 KB
ID:	792382Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0254 (2).jpg
Views:	472
Size:	136.5 KB
ID:	792380

Name:	IMG_0253 (2).jpg
Views:	403
Size:	126.8 KB
ID:	792381

We mixed 8 ozs of apple jelly and 8 ozs rasberry chipotle sauce , cooked the apple jelly till it turned to liquid stirring constantly , than added the rasberry chipotle sauce stirring to combine both sauce on meduim heat .

Name:	IMG_0259 (2).jpg
Views:	362
Size:	173.3 KB
ID:	792384

Name:	IMG_0260.jpg
Views:	368
Size:	138.1 KB
ID:	792383

The whole family really enjoyed the ham . the flavour was awesome and we will definitely make it again . Once the weather warms up we are going to try the glaze on some baby back ribs .

This looked really good BRic

Comment

I bet this was amazing. I love that limited edition Blue Hog sauce. I still need to do a ham, I never have.

Comment

• tbob4
        tbob4 commented
        Editing a comment
        What? Never smoked a ham? Tell me it's not true. It's much better than Spam! Hahahaha

Spinaker The ham had good flavour and we really liked the combination of the jelly and bbq sauce .
      Very easy recipe to do which was nice . HOW TO
      BBQ RIGHT.COM. has some pretty good recipes ,
      have made a few . This is a good recipe for all ham lovers out there to try.😊👍

Comment

That looks good!

Comment

Was that a raw ham or a precooked one?

Kathryn

Comment

• djl
            djl commented
            Editing a comment
            Zooming into there pic... The label said fully cooked.

• BRic
            BRic commented
            Editing a comment
            fzxdoc Sorry about that , when I did my review I should of mentioned that it was a cooked ham .

Bert

Announcement

Collapse
        No announcement yet.
        Working...
        X
        false
        ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
        false
        false
        {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
        Yes
        ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
        /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here