Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

My first attempt at making bacon and curing a ham.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My first attempt at making bacon and curing a ham.

So, a few months ago I killed a hog I raised and made my first attempt at curing a ham and bacon (researching how to do it is how I found this site). The bacon is without a doubt the best thing I've ever put in my mouth and the ham turned out awesome also. I did about 10 pounds of bacon and the ham was 17 pounds.

Sorry about the first pic being sideways, but it is the bacon and ham curing in the fridge. The second is the bacon when I put it on the smoker. The third is the ham about an hour into the smoking, I forgot to get a pic when it was done. And the last is the finished product on the bacon...

Click image for larger version

Name:	20150303_124819.jpg
Views:	66
Size:	121.1 KB
ID:	77360 Click image for larger version

Name:	20150309_195457.jpg
Views:	77
Size:	156.0 KB
ID:	77361 Click image for larger version

Name:	20150310_213510.jpg
Views:	64
Size:	146.5 KB
ID:	77362 Click image for larger version

Name:	20150309_212720.jpg
Views:	69
Size:	170.6 KB
ID:	77363

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
Working...
X
false
["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
false
false
{"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
Yes
["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
/forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here