Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

didnt Meathead say...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

didnt Meathead say...

I went on line to see if Sous vide Ribs was a thing? Low and behold one of the top links (as it should be!) was From Meathead and Amazing ribs. All I can think of is, Didn't Meathead say if you boil the Ribs the Terrorist win?? Gonna try his Recipe takes 24 hours in the hot tub and then 30 min smoke! Gonna do a rack the regular way today cause I want some today lol Also to have as a comparison! Will let you know!!

Originally posted by GadjetGriller View Post
    I went on line to see if Sous vide Ribs was a thing? Low and behold one of the top links (as it should be!) was From Meathead and Amazing ribs. All I can think of is, Didn't Meathead say if you boil the Ribs the Terrorist win?? Gonna try his Recipe takes 24 hours in the hot tub and then 30 min smoke! Gonna do a rack the regular way today cause I want some today lol Also to have as a comparison! Will let you know!!
    Sous vide is most definitely not equal to boiling.

Comment

Welcome back buddy! Boiling ribs sucks because the water is a solvent pulling juices out. The bag is your barrier in SV! The water is simply convection heat like air in your smoker, but jam-packed with more energy than air, and a perfect set temp at that.

Comment

• HouseHomey
        HouseHomey commented
        Editing a comment
        You beat me to it. Well said sir.

If you sous vide ribs, don't the French win?

Comment

• Dewesq55
        Dewesq55 commented
        Editing a comment
        "the French win." A first class oxymoron!

• GadjetGriller
        GadjetGriller commented
        Editing a comment
        I laughed out loud after reading that GOOD ONE!

• HouseHomey
        HouseHomey commented
        Editing a comment
        Beahahahaha

Welcome back!

Please do not SV your ribs at 212... however if you feel you must and if you do please then take pictures and post the results.
      Last edited by Nate; November 15, 2019, 06:40 PM.

Comment

• Ahumadora
        Ahumadora commented
        Editing a comment
        We willl all get a chuckle from that..

• GadjetGriller
        GadjetGriller commented
        Editing a comment
        Thanks Nate ! 212 heck no I was gonna do it at 225!! Actually I didn't know what temp or how long thus the Google search! in case anybody wants to skip the read its 150 for 24 hours and then 30 min smoke time!

I had some ribs from Husk (Sean Brock - was exec chef at the time but no longer affiliated) that were done confit in pork lard and then "embered" to get the char and flavor. He did them in sous vide bath but the pork fat in the bag, I think.

I tried at home. failed miserably. I hope your efforts are better than mine.

Comment

• Huskee
        Huskee commented
        Editing a comment
        Dernnit. I though "from Husk" meant from me....got excited and honored.... but alas I am not this Sean Brock fella...

Certainly possible and I’ve done so. But since they don’t take that long anyway I haven’t bothered since.

Comment

Huskee Thanks! Seems like maybe my health problems have been worked out! (oh dang now I've said it out loud never a good thing lol) So hope to visit more often! I've long said if you have to explain the joke its not very funny. That seems to have happen here. I've been using Sous Vide for 4 years now. But had never thought about using it for Ribs. (always looking for video ideas Especially since I haven't made a video in over a year!) Just thought I would give everybody a chuckle.
        Last edited by GadjetGriller; November 16, 2019, 01:08 AM. Reason: get the @huskee right lol

Comment

GadjetGriller Here's a couple of our SVQ ribs & indoor ribs recipes:
          Create succulent ribs on the smoker or grill by marrying water and fire in this recipe for sous-vide-que St. Louis spare ribs. By starting them in a low and slow sous vide water bath, the ribs are rendered moist and tender before finishing them on the grill for that smoky flavor we all love in tradition BBQ ribs. Check out the recipe!

Here's how to make indoor ribs in your oven that most folks will think you nursed for hours in the smoker. The tender, juicy meat and smoky flavor might fool you into thinking these ribs were cooked outdoors. This recipe shows you how it's done.

Comment

I’ve been using Spode beef ( the wonders of spell check) for Never, & will never think of using it for WIBS. Cuz I don’t give a rip.

Spode beef, I gotta remember this.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
            No announcement yet.
            Working...
            X
            false
            ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
            false
            false
            {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
            Yes
            ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
            /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here