Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Pork Neck Bones

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pork Neck Bones

On a Cold rainy Saturday....What to do with pork neck bones....Italian Pork Neck Bone Gravy...
    A Chicago Special.. Final pics to come.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3350.jpeg
Views:	368
Size:	128.3 KB
ID:	761434Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3351.jpg
Views:	331
Size:	217.4 KB
ID:	761435Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3353.jpeg
Views:	311
Size:	118.2 KB
ID:	761433Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3355.jpeg
Views:	357
Size:	69.5 KB
ID:	761432

Great looking start to this cook...

Comment

great rich flavor, I should make that more often..

Comment

Nice cans . Love Marzano tomatoes.

Comment

Love me some neck bones.

Comment

Did you buy the neck bones for the gravy or was it from a whole neck that you removed the bones from?
            The reason I ask is I've been eyeing rolled deboned pork neck to cook low and slow for pulled pork.
            Have you or anybody else smoked a pork neck and how did it turn out?

Comment

• HouseHomey
              HouseHomey commented
              Editing a comment
              You may be the first.

• troymeister
              troymeister commented
              Editing a comment
              The neck bones were from the local grocery. They are incredibly reasonable. To me the only way to make them tender is to braise them for several hours. I tried to smoke them alongside ribs one time. They did not turn out well.

Announcement

Collapse
          No announcement yet.
          Working...
          X
          false
          ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
          false
          false
          {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
          Yes
          ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
          /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here