Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Pork Loin Roast Again

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pork Loin Roast Again

Made another herbed and smoked pork loin roast. The picture makes it look dry, but it wasn't. (Look close at the upper left and you can see the juice on the serving plate.) I had bought a nice sourdough loaf that DW forgot about while I was travelling last week, and it went stale. So I turned it into stuffing.

Click image for larger version

Name:	pork-roast-whole.jpg
Views:	100
Size:	43.4 KB
ID:	75722

Click image for larger version

Name:	pork-roast-plated.jpg
Views:	41
Size:	52.3 KB
ID:	75723

Looks great! I've been doing lots of loin chops lately. You have inspired me to put a whole roast on the smoker for a change.

Comment

I agreed with Huskee it does look great

Comment

I used to do mainly chops, but when I buy the whole loin I would always slice it into roasts, vacuum pack and freeze. That way if I wanted to do a roast I could, or slice into chops. But I always sliced into chops. Now I've flip-flopped and started doing roasts. You definitely get less smoke flavor vs chops, but it's still good!

Comment

Looks great, what's the rub?

Comment

McCormick's Montreal Chicken Rub.

Comment

• DWCowles
              DWCowles commented
              Editing a comment
              We used that stuff a lot...also good on steaks

• mgaretz
              mgaretz commented
              Editing a comment
              I prefer the steak version for steaks, or Meathead's BBBR.

Announcement

Collapse
          No announcement yet.
          Working...
          X
          false
          ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
          false
          false
          {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
          Yes
          ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
          /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here