Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Tyson Ribs are back!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tyson Ribs are back!!

FYI....For those of you that have had issues with the Smithfield brand of ribs at the local big box place...I just noticed ours has switched back to the Tyson brand. IMO these are a better quality and flavor than the Smithfield’s but YMMV. I’ll be picking up a couple slabs for this weekend!!

Lets us know what you think!

Comment

I think I recall a post recently about the Tyson ribs having an odd flavor due to a brine or something? I'd search for it, but I don't want to.

Comment

• Steve B
        Steve B commented
        Editing a comment
        Yup. The OP'er said they tasted like hot dogs.

I'm going to take back some of my criticism of Tyson ribs from a few days ago. I recently bought some spareribs at Sam's when Walmart didn't have the Smithfield ribs that I was hoping to find. The Sam's ribs weren't conspicuously marked as any particular brand, but once I got them home, I noticed the tiny fine print on the cryovac packaging that said "distributed by Tyson." They ended up okay, if very fatty. I still hate the Tyson butts, though.

Comment

• Dewesq55
        Dewesq55 commented
        Editing a comment
        FWIW, I like some fat on my ribs.

My local Walmart changed to Tyson ribs several months ago. What I DON'T like is that there is a large green notice on the packaging that says "ALL NATURAL"....BUT....when you read the fine print it says "Up to 7% water and salt added". Salt and water are certainly natural substances but I DO NOT want them added artificially to my ribs. I don't buy the Tyson ribs for that reason. Ribs at Dillon's (Kroger) are true natural ribs with nothing added.

Also, before they switched to Tyson, my Walmart sold Smithfield ribs which I always bought.

Comment

I was never a fan of the Smithfield ribs. The baby backs always have way too much of the loin meat left on them which gets too dry if I leave it on so I end up trimming it off. Then on the other hand their spares were pretty small once trimmed into St. Louis cut.
        i always liked the Tyson ribs before they stopped carrying them. I’m going to pick up a couple slabs of baby backs for Saturday and see if their the same as before.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
        No announcement yet.
        Working...
        X
        false
        ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
        false
        false
        {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
        Yes
        ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
        /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here