Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

First Bacon Bash

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

First Bacon Bash

Well actually my second. The first I made with Prague #2 because I just accepted it was the only cure available in RSA. I did look for #1 but not as hard as I should have. Yesterday after a little encouragement from MH to be a little more attentive when looking I did just that and found Prague # 1 labelled as Quick Red Cure.
    My first attempt with Prague #2 was not a fail but I wasn't convinced it was as it should be and blamed it on the cure. But I haven't eaten any homemade bacon to use as a yardstick.
    That was some months ago and I have 6 bellies of about 3lbs each in the fridge ready for allocation. I have earmarked 1 of them for a Bash at Bacon.

We are in the middle of winter and I have been able to smoke every weekend. But today and the prediction for the rest of the weekend is the worst we've had thus far. It's howling and raining.

That means I might end up freezing the others or curing them all. I do have a roofed area I can cook under but for the wind.

I hope it works out soon.

Comment

Good luck hope it works out for you. Home made bacon is so much better than store bought. We ran out of my last batch and the wife bought some and it is nearly tasteless.
      Have you seen these recipes. https://amazingribs.com/tested-recip...ked-bacon-home
      Last edited by mountainsmoker; July 19, 2019, 03:39 PM.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
      No announcement yet.
      Working...
      X
      false
      ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
      false
      false
      {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
      Yes
      ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
      /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here