Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NC heavy ribs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

NC heavy ribs

Went to my butcher Thursday and they had these for $.75 a pound. They call these heavy ribs. I had to do some butchering to get the St Louis out of them but got them. Lots of meat. This rack weighed 7lbs. That is my big Boos cutting board by the way.
    Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0801.JPG
Views:	188
Size:	168.1 KB
ID:	713768

I’d be in for a couple of racks of those
    let us know how they do comin’ out of the smoker

Comment

I try to keep St.Lewis to 3.5 or under. Smaller younger hogs more tender meat.

Comment

I did a 6lb StL rack once, took 9 hrs, wasn't a fan. I'm no pro with the biggies, I suppose I could've done better in successive attempts, but I like to stick to <4lb for StL or <3lb for BBs. Can't beat that price per lb though, $.75 is a fantastic deal.

Comment

Great lookin rack, an Boos, not to mention that tantalizin price, Brother! I'da went in on alla that, Big Time!

Also couldn't help but notice yer Dogbones "NeckBone"; I keep one right there on th end table, next to "Morpheus", (my recliner), so when I (almost inevitably) fall asleep, watchin TV or a movie, my neck ain't all kinda jacked up, six ways to Sunday...
          Works a Right Treat, that does. Brilliant!
          Click image for larger version

Name:	20190714_165650 (Custom).jpg
Views:	213
Size:	54.3 KB
ID:	713834

Comment

Huskee you nailed it they were a little on the tough side. Not inedible by any stretch of the imagination though. We'll eat the other 3 racks in the freezer. Forgot to take pictures as I took them off the Weber. Kept the temp between 210 and 240 for these big guts this time though took 6 hours.

Comment

I like thick crap, just means I get more bark.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
              No announcement yet.
              Working...
              X
              false
              ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
              false
              false
              {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
              Yes
              ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
              /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here