Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Myron Mixon on tv this morning

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Myron Mixon on tv this morning

There are five channels showing on the tvs at the gym where I torture myself. I looked up at the screens at one point and Myron was showing a lady and a guy how to smoke ribs. (I should mention that there was only closed captioning, so I missed the dialog.)

I looked up as he poured some dry spices in a bowl, added what looked like ginger ale and probably some orange juice. Then he added what looked like chopped onion. This was poured over ribs for the marinade.

Being tv, he had ribs at various stages so he wouldn't have to wait hours.

Next he pulled some marinated ribs out, dried them off, oiled them, and applied a dry rub. On the smoker they went in an aluminum pan, and he pulled another pan with cooked ribs off the cooker. To this he added water and sealed with foil, and back on the smoker they went.

Another tray was pulled of the grill with the finished ribs - they were grey with no bark. He applied some sauce and served them to the show hosts who ,of course, said they were great.

One of the hosts asked what was the most important thing for BBQing, and he said to use a thermometer. And the segment ended...

He was on Fox & Friends a couple of weeks ago. The segment was super short, he hardly got to say anything. The commentators were busy gorging themselves on sticky looking ribs.

I do admire him for his accomplishments; between books, comp wins, restaurants, cookers, etc., he sure is the man. Having said that however, I still think the guy is a blow hard jackass. But hey, can't beat success.

Comment

• au4stree
      au4stree commented
      Editing a comment
      I could not agree more. Hard to argue with his success.

Maybe he was having a bad day, but I had the opportunity to meet him at a BBQ comp we did about 10 years ago (I was very much a rookie). He was not approachable or likeable in that moment. I say that to say, we were not interrupting him like fanboys, a mutual acquaintance introduced us to him....he was a j.a. off camera too.
      Last edited by au4stree; July 1, 2019, 12:48 PM.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
Working...
X
false
["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
false
false
{"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
Yes
["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
/forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here