Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

BBQ SAUCE hot or cold

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BBQ SAUCE hot or cold

Re pulled pork is it better to put cold or hot sauce on it?

I'm good with hot or room temperature. Anything but cold.

Comment

I bring out sauce for people to put on top of it. I don't sauce my pulled pork, but I would go with what Steve R. said though with room temp being the coldest one to use.

Comment

My vote is for room temp. Just enough to moisten.

Comment

cold, as in leave it in the fridge and don't use it, lol. That is unless it is a vinegar and chili based sauce, then I go warm, but not hot. No tomato or sweet stuff, I want the acid to cut the richness of the fatty pork.

Comment

I’d never put cold anything on warm pulled pork. At least room temp or warmed up.

I like tweeter’s vinegar sauce as a base but I’m more inclined to have some brown sugar or some other sweet component to balance the acid. But that’s my taste. Love me some pulled pork !!!

Comment

If it's for immediate consumption, room temperature sauce is the way to go IMO.

Last night I smoked 15 pounds of butt for a grad party today. I put the sauce on cold. Since they will be using a crockpot on the warm setting and the pulled pork was going to sit in the 'fridge overnight anyway, the temperature of the sauce really didn't matter in this scenario.

Comment

My son gets out a pot, one can root beer, BBQ sauce to taste and blueberries.
                Lets it reduce over med/low heat.
                Great on pulled pork

Comment

Just not cold for me. I normally take a sauce, (if using), out of the fridge several hours before serving time to allow it to come to room temp.

And I don't remember any BBQ joint I've ever been to serving any sauce warm. It's always been on the table.

Comment

• Steve R.
                    Steve R. commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Central BBQ in Memphis is about the only one I can think of. And theirs is a little beyond just warm.

Definitely not cold. You want to add just enough sauce to moisten the meat not make it feel wet.

Comment

Thanks

Comment

I like the sensation that a cold tomato or ketchup gives you on a burger, or cool avocado and sour cream on a taco... but pulled pork, if I do sauce at all, it's just like syrup on my waffles, warm or hot please.

Comment

For pulled pork I only use a western North Carolina sauce. I want the meat hot so I heat the sauce up.

Comment

Our sauce tastes a little better when it is warmed up a little.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                          No announcement yet.
                          Working...
                          X
                          false
                          ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                          false
                          false
                          {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                          Yes
                          ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                          /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here