Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Grad Cook

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Grad Cook

Posting and update on my Grad Cook. Started fire at 3:00 am. Took almost two hours to come up to 225. While that was happening I trimmed and rubbed 60 lbs of pork Butt. Put in smoker at 6:00 am.

Attached Files

Good luck.
    Cool rub, have to look for that.

Comment

• Troutman
      Troutman commented
      Editing a comment
      I know right? Can't beat a name like Suckle Busters Hog Waller

• texastweeter
      texastweeter commented
      Editing a comment
      they make some great products. CandySueQ uses them as well I think. I use their Texas Pecan rub on my moink balls

Following. I'm doing a similar cook late July.

Comment

Have fun and let us see the grad with pig grease all over his mortar board

Comment

Have a good time. Ya got this.

Comment

Time to take them off the smoke. Been 12 hours+. Just hit 205.

Comment

That looks good. I lived on the north shore for several years and miss the sea food. The clams with the bellys at the clam shacks in Ipwich and the chocolates in Marble and there Sweet Sloops. Back when I lived there lobster was around $2 a pound cheaper than steak.

Comment

• Old Glory
              Old Glory commented
              Editing a comment
              Its about $6.99 now. ClamBox, JT Farnums, and Woodmans all on Clam Ally.

Pork pre-pull. Ribs next.
            Attached Files

Comment

Well... Those look delicious!!!

Comment

Ribs being prepped at 5:30 am. On the smoke for about 5 hours now. Three in XL BGE and 9 in Humprey's. Rubbed with Oakridge Secret Weapon.
                Attached Files

Comment

Following this cook is so much fun. Hat's off to you, Old Glory . I'd never attempt a cook of this magnitude, which is why it's so much fun to watch.

Kathryn

Comment

• Old Glory
                    Old Glory commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Thanks! It has been fun but exhausting! The graduate...my daughter...spells her name the same way you do. Not as common as the "C" spelling.

• fzxdoc
                    fzxdoc commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Congrats to your daughter, plus she has a great name. You're right, it's not a common spelling. I'm always having to spell it. Oh well, there are worse things. Have a fun cook, Old Glory .

Kathryn

Some landscape shots while I am waiting for the ribs to finish up.
                  Attached Files

Comment

That shot of the Japanese maple is fantastic!

Comment

First Rack of ribs out of the smoker. Two trays painted and cut up. My Wife's famous Chocolate Chip Cookies.
                      Attached Files

Comment

So far we cooked 60 lbs of Pork Butts which yielded 3 full trays of Pulled Pork.
                        12 Racks of Ribs which yielded 2.5 trays.
                        Two full trays of slaw
                        5 Gallons of BBQ Beans which filled 3 full trays
                        100 Chocolate Chip Cookies

Will cook burgers onsite

Ordered Mac and Cheese
                        Salad
                        Pizzas for appetizers

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                        No announcement yet.
                        Working...
                        X
                        false
                        ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                        false
                        false
                        {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                        Yes
                        ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                        /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here