Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Cut your own Pork Chops from pork rack - Excellent Vid

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cut your own Pork Chops from pork rack - Excellent Vid

Very nice and easy to follow: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rqZE7HziYBE

There's a book printed in the 70's titled "Cutting Up in the Kitchen".

The tag line was eating betting for less by understanding primal cuts a d how to break them down to retail cuts.

You can save substantial money when you can do some of your own butchering and it's satisfying too.

Comment

We found a whole pork loin a couple of months back on sale for $0.99 per pound. We cut it up into boneless pork chops. Definitely the way to go from a price standpoint.
      Last edited by hubmacfan; June 11, 2019, 08:42 AM. Reason: changed tenderloin to loin.

Comment

Yep I always do my own butchering when I can. I watch for sales and pull the button when something is cheap. NC is the first or second largest to IA pork producer depending on the year, so pork is usually cheap at our local butcher/slaughter house. While it may be cheaper at the grocer it tastes better from the butcher.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
        No announcement yet.
        Working...
        X
        false
        ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
        false
        false
        {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
        Yes
        ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
        /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here