Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Pork Butt Buy at Sam's Club $1.68 lb

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pork Butt Buy at Sam's Club $1.68 lb

Just got home from Sam's Club and their Pork Butts are $1.68 lb and they have a lot of them (2 per pkg). I'm in Murfreesboro, TN. Case price is lower as normal but I didn't ask about that. Please move this post if I put it in the wrong area.

Well I didn't know we were neighbors fuzzydaddy. I live 65 miles north of Nashville off of I-65

Comment

Wow DWCowles, that is close. I hear that I-65 is beginning to move after some spent many hours just sitting still. Sun is out here and ice and snow are going away. Well, got to get my butts trimmed and dry brined.

Comment

Case prices in our Saginaw Sams Club as of last Saturday ( i took a pic since i can never remember how much they were the last time i was in there). If I remember right she said Baby Backs are 3-3 packs per case,spares were 3 or 5-3 packs (or Vice Versa) per case and Pork Butt case is 4-5 double packs.
        I paid $1.38 for case of Butts about a month and a half ago. Are meat prices creeping down?!
        These are decent prices, if members were close enough to get together and split cases.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1793[1].JPG
Views:	322
Size:	170.9 KB
ID:	68900
        Last edited by Powersmoke_80; March 7, 2015, 12:39 AM.

Comment

• fuzzydaddy
          fuzzydaddy commented
          Editing a comment
          Those are good prices. I sure hope they are coming down. Sam's didn't say "sale" on their signs or anything indicating it was for a limited time, but my price for the butts was down $.30 lb. Chuck roast was still $4.98 lb.

I'm going to get a couple today, hopefully in Lufkin, TX. The briskets were more expensive than the brisket at Walmart here in town. Twas there yesterday for something else.

Comment

The butts are done. 15-1/2 hours to about 198 IT (bone loose, probe tender). Outstanding! Not the best pictures, but here they are.

Name:	IMG_0113.jpg
Views:	330
Size:	186.2 KB
ID:	69046

Name:	IMG_0114.jpg
Views:	331
Size:	131.0 KB
ID:	69047

Comment

• DWCowles
            DWCowles commented
            Editing a comment
            fuzzydaddy nice job. I will be doing one Wednesday to use on a loaded potato recipe.

fuzzydaddy Very ice! Congrats ....those look like good eats!

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
          No announcement yet.
          Working...
          X
          false
          ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
          false
          false
          {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
          Yes
          ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
          /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here