Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Seared pork chop rub...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Seared pork chop rub...

I’ve had great success with the cold grate method on steaks. I’d like to do the same for pork chops. While Meathead’s Memphis rub is great for ribs and chicken, the sugar burns when searing. Anyone got suggestions for some good ribs for searing chops?

Char crust garlic peppercorn. I use it on steaks and pork chops.

Comment

• gmascolo51
      gmascolo51 commented
      Editing a comment
      I second that stuff is awesome. However, something weird last time I ordered it it never shipped something went awry, need to order more.

We use Montreal seasoning for both steaks and pork chops.

Comment

I would avoid the MD for direct searing. There is just too much sugar. I like DonW's suggestion of using Montreal Seasoning. I find it too be a tad salty, so I would take it easy.

Comment

• Donw
        Donw commented
        Editing a comment
        We make out own Montreal seasoning without salt. We always add salt separately to the dish.

I got hooked on STEAK DUST when Sam's was sampling pork loin with it sprinkled on it. It is now made by another company and may only be available online.

Comment

Oak Ridge Carne Crosta works pretty good for me. It’s a coffee based rub for high searing beef primarily but I like it on thick chops too.

Comment

• Spinaker
          Spinaker commented
          Editing a comment
          Love that stuff

• Bkhuna
          Bkhuna commented
          Editing a comment
          I looked up this rub on the company web site and there's a place nearby that sells it.

Gonna' take a road trip.

So many rubs, so little time.

Thanks for the input. I was actually thinking along the lines of something I can make myself. I have a bunch of bulk spices and have generally just made my own rubs.

(Of course, Googling "Montreal Seasoning" appears to give me the answers I was looking for anyway.)

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
        No announcement yet.
        Working...
        X
        false
        ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
        false
        false
        {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
        Yes
        ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
        /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here