Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I'm an idiot....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm an idiot....

Got the Keg up to temp, put the ribs on the grill, temp probe in the smoker set for 225....temp going no-where....open dampers to build temp....temp goes no-where....no-where....no-where....open smoker probe resting on a piece meat....palm to forehead....idiot....

Not an idiot at all. You just invented the Maillard temperature monitor!

Comment

• Troutman
      Troutman commented
      Editing a comment
      Lol

Don’t beat yourself up, happens to everyone at sometime.

Comment

Been there my friend. We've all been there.

Comment

We’ve all been there my friend. That being the case, I can safely say...IM AN IDIOT

Comment

yep a client of mine done the exact sme thing on one of my big stickburners. Kept feeding and feeding the fire until it was nearly red hot before all the grease finally caught on fire!!!/ fun times.

Comment

• Mr. Bones
            Mr. Bones commented
            Editing a comment
            Nice!

If you get a multi channel probe you can add that to your log and call it the surface temperature monitor.

Comment

First of all, foremost, let's jus git this outta th way...

I, Good Sir, am Truly an Idiot, an I ain't never (What, Never? Not Everrrrrr...) even oncet seen ya at one of th Weekly Meetins, much less any Big Shindigs, so yer probly Okay.
            Rest Easy, Brother...

Onliest reason on this here big ol Green Earth that this ain't never happened to me is that I've never, least to date, used a leave-in probe on/in any of my cookers...

Thermapen / Thermopop works jus fine, fer me...hands-down beats my tried an true, trusty pocket dial thermos that I used fer many decades, cookin professionally.

Besides, zackly how many degrees, F, C, or even K, is "Probe Tender"?

Comment

• RustyHaines
              RustyHaines commented
              Editing a comment
              Bonesy, not all of us are Temp. Whisperers :-) Many years ago I pulled a half-cooked pig out of the ground after following a sure-fire, cannot' miss, pit BBQ recipe and disappointed 75 people. Lesson learned. I now have cooker OCD. All my cooks must be above ground and constantly temp. monitored. Love my Mavericks and do not have a need for the next level of electronics. But I fully understand those who do have that need. Information/data being knowledge and all :-)

• Mr. Bones
              Mr. Bones commented
              Editing a comment
              RustyHaines I absolutely agree: Information an data are needed, so that one can analyse em, an make informed decisions, Good Sir.
              Had a Mav 732, never took it outta th box, fer several years...Give it to my neighbour Rickie , when I made him up a BBQ accessories package.
              I have two NIB Smokes, an a gateway. XR-50, as well.
              Just ain't run into th need to use em, yet, but I'm ready, an well armed, should that occasion arise...
              Nuthin but good thoughts, from here, Brother!

• RustyHaines
              RustyHaines commented
              Editing a comment
              All's good from my end Mr. Bones. Admire your whispering talents !

I have done similar things. No worries, it happens to the best of us.

Comment

I am also an idiot - just ask my wife...

Comment

• Mr. Bones
                Mr. Bones commented
                Editing a comment
                In my experience, most wives will readily corroborate such a story, voluntarily, without hesitation...

• Livermoron
                Livermoron commented
                Editing a comment
                "loser and utter slacker" came up in conversation at one point, while discussing a promotion during my sustained, improbable career arc. Behind every great man...

• Willard
                Willard commented
                Editing a comment
                Yep!

And of course Debra is always calling Raymond an idiot.

Did you recently dump a thick layer of coal ashes onto your wife’s t-bone? Well I did, so...

Ok yer an idiot, so what? Ya think we give a rip? Now are ya goin to cook somethin like right away, then we give a rip! Cook em Dano!

Comment

I wish that was all I have done....

Comment

• Mr. Bones
                  Mr. Bones commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Heard dat...

I’ve never done that...... ok, I couldn’t hold it any more. I can’t say that with a straight face.

oh let me count the ways. Just last Easter I was ticked looking everywhere for my tongs. Oops I left them in the kettle. Had to unsnap all the darn binder clips too for them suckers!

Easy there... those are the good mistakes. Remember the glass rocks and stones houses thing.

Comment

• Huskee
                  Huskee commented
                  Editing a comment
                  I've done that!

Hello, my name is Jim and I'm and idiot, too, 3, 4, 5...

Comment

Oh have I been there and done that . . . . .more than once too. In my opinion, as long as there was no dwelling fire involved, you are not an idiot.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                  No announcement yet.
                  Working...
                  X
                  false
                  ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                  false
                  false
                  {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                  Yes
                  ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                  /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here