Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Goat roast question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Goat roast question

Hello everyone. I have four goat roasts I have to cook for a game dinner. Im researching receipts and it seems like all I can find is goat or sheep on the bone, my roasts are boneless. They seem to ave been cut off the bone as they lay pretty flat when I take them out of the net they are rapped in. Any ideas or suggestions on how I should cook them? I've seen some receipts for low and slow smoked with an American flare and some Moroccan low and slow smoked receipts. Should I lay them flat on my smoke grates or tie them up with butchers twine? Im in CT and using my electric smoker due to the weather. it only gets up to 275.

I've been to a goat rope but never did a goat roast. I would think roll it up and tie but I'd wait for more experienced help.
    Last edited by HawkerXP; March 7, 2019, 07:08 PM.

Comment

Sorry, but I can't help either. I do have a suggestion though. Since you have four roasts, why not try several recipes?

Comment

Birria is a Mexican dish made from goat that's pretty dang good. I've never made it, but do order it from time to time. I would try this recipe if I were to come into some goat meat: https://www.thespruceeats.com/birria...recipe-2342673

Comment

Boneless won’t be a problem. Look for recipes for Cabrito. While not all goat is cabrito, as cabrito is milk fed, the cooking methods will work. If your goat has been grass fed then you might want to think about serving it with other ingredients wrapped in a taco. Be sure to marinate the heck out of it no matter the quality. I cook goat low and slow and shoot for an imternal temp of about 145 but many like it around 160.
          Here is a starter recipe from HEB, but you can find others on the net.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
          No announcement yet.
          Working...
          X
          false
          ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
          false
          false
          {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
          Yes
          ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
          /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here