Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Chuck's and Butts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Chuck's and Butts

I reported to duty with Captain Morgan last night and was dealt with in a harsh way. I paid for it this morning, but now am reporting for action albeit a little late. We are having a potluck at work tomorrow so I volunteered to bring pulled pork. I grabbed an 8lb butt and a couple of chucks to have for dinner tonight.

I put a helping of kosher salt and coarse pepper on the chuckies. I mixed MMD and some other left over rubs together and threw on the butt.

It's a cold and rainy 38 degrees today. It's taken a bit longer than usual to get up to temp but the Slow N Sear is working like a finely tuned machine as usual.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20190303_100246.jpg
Views:	124
Size:	90.5 KB
ID:	644972Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20190303_100250.jpg
Views:	153
Size:	72.1 KB
ID:	644973Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20190303_100257.jpg
Views:	152
Size:	76.3 KB
ID:	644974Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20190303_100440.jpg
Views:	148
Size:	75.4 KB
ID:	644975

Looking forward to the results!

Comment

Surprised you weren't slapped when you grabbed that butt . Dangerous territory. 😂

Comment

Sure a better title would be Dudes and Chicks ??

Comment

Looks like a good start.

Comment

good looking chickies

Comment

The captain can be pretty harsh, been there myself, but looks like you are making a strong recovery

Comment

I forgot to get the final results in pictures. Turned out great. I took the chucks to 210 IT. Wrapped them about about 180. First time I was successful making pulled beef. It was a huge hit. Took the butt to 209 IT. I wrapped it about 175. I put the chucks and the butt in my cooler, wrapped in foil, wrapped in a moving blanket for about 2 hours. It turned out great. I'll get some pics tomorrow when I unwrap the pans at work.

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20190304_110619.jpg
Views:	147
Size:	74.9 KB
ID:	645767Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20190304_110617.jpg
Views:	112
Size:	78.8 KB
ID:	645768

It must have been good . There's maybe enough pork left for 2 or 3 decent sandwiches and enough beef to make a slider!!

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                  No announcement yet.
                  Working...
                  X
                  false
                  ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                  false
                  false
                  {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                  Yes
                  ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                  /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here