Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Pork Belly two ways

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pork Belly two ways

Thawed a package of pork belly that I had and decided to cook it two ways..,Both pieces were rubbed and smoked on the Pit Barrel Cooker or Pork Belly Cooker...

One piece was pulled around 180 to be sliced and seared when ready to eat...the other was cooked to around 205 and pulled - Best Pulled Pork Ever...

The pulled pork belly was done similar to Malcolm Reed's process except I did not wrap it or rest it before glazing...

Also made some Hushpuppy Waffles...

Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_0639.JPG Views:	1 Size:	2.76 MB ID:	644630
    Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_0640.JPG Views:	1 Size:	2.39 MB ID:	644628
    Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_0643.JPG Views:	1 Size:	2.62 MB ID:	644627
    Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_0644.JPG Views:	1 Size:	1.77 MB ID:	644629
    Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_0642.JPG Views:	1 Size:	2.09 MB ID:	644626
    Last edited by clb239; March 2, 2019, 07:45 PM.

Drool............

Comment

Yep! Sign me up for this!

Comment

I love me some hushpuppies...

Comment

• clb239
          clb239 commented
          Editing a comment
          i do to but hate the mess that often accompanies frying them so I decided to try the waffle approach...came out pretty good but the recipe I used needs some tweaking...

• Sweaty Paul
          Sweaty Paul commented
          Editing a comment
          For a decent waffle recipe try the "Better Homes and Gardens" cookbook. Works well and tastes great. I sometimes add a capful of Bacardi rum to the batter for a bit of a kick.

Awesome, I’m wanting to do pork belly, just haven’t got the courage yet.

Comment

• clb239
          clb239 commented
          Editing a comment
          I had only done pork belly burnt ends until today...don't be afraid of the pork belly it is definitely worth it...the flavor and richness is amazing...

making my own bacon is next...

Oh man. I never even thought of making pulled pork belly! What is wrong with me. Usually i only use it to make bacon. Looks like next time it'll be a double pork belly purchase from Costco.

Comment

• clb239
          clb239 commented
          Editing a comment
          Malcolm Reed has a recipe for it...I wanted to try it because I have heard how good the belly meat is from a smoke whole hog...

• grantgallagher
          grantgallagher commented
          Editing a comment
          I watched his video after seeing your post. Looked incredible

Announcement

Collapse
      No announcement yet.
      Working...
      X
      false
      ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
      false
      false
      {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
      Yes
      ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
      /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here