Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do you Faux Cambro your ribs?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Do you Faux Cambro your ribs?

I realized I may be in minority here, but I always wrap my ribs in a faux cambro when they're done. So I smoke them 'nekkid' until they're done, and then I apply a sauce and wrap them for 45 mins up to 1 hour.

So, how do you do with your wibs?
    Yes, I do wrap in a Faux Cambro, turns out real good
    39.02%
    Nope, not needed. When they're done, they're done.
    58.54%
    Huh?
    2.44%

I have never wrapped, but am considering giving it a try because my wife prefers fall off the bone ribs.

Comment

I only wrap beef ribs. And I always hold. Only thing I do different is IF I sauce, I do it about 10 To 15 minutes before I pull them to get a good glaze, and some additional smoke flavor in the sauce. Otherwise I sauce on demand for the sauce fiends, and glaze theirs under the broiler.

Comment

Wrap both beef and pork. Family likes fall off the bone. We don't normally sauce, so add a little liquid of choice and wrap.

Comment

Only if guests are going to be late, or if I have to cook at home and transport them somewhere else.

Comment

I sometimes wrap my ribs if they finish early or am transporting them. I first let off all the steam and let the heat dissipate a little so they don’t overcook. I also pour off all the juices before I wrap.

Comment

I wrap on the grill for about an hour then finish unwrapped for a glaze with sauce and to tighten up the surface. Only cambro if im early or people are late, lol

Comment

If I wrap or not depends on how they are cooking and what texture I want them to be. As far as holding in a cambro goes, no unless they get done early or guest are late!!

Comment

I only 'rest' my ribs to let the protein calm down and the glaze get a little more "tacky". No need to cambro in my opinion.

Beef ribs, absolutely !! I treat them the same way as brisket or butts, at least an hour, preferably two.

Comment

I was specifically thinking of pork, should've specified that. Thanks for the input, always good to hear what y'all are doing.

Comment

I've done it out of necessity and found they turn out better so yes.

Comment

I usually do 3-2-1 Ribs or something close to that. We prefer fall off the bone and our guests like them that way too. If I sauce it's a very thin coat.

Comment

It's like the old Mounds vs. Almond Joy commercials...sometimes I do, sometime I don't. It all depends on whether or not I feel like a nut that day. Here recently it has been not as I have been going with the blasphemy type ribs.

Comment

can't answer the poll. Like some here it all depends on the situation. I have found that when I do wrap and cambro pork ribs for short periods of time (hour max) the ribs DO get a bit more tender. I'll wrap and cambro for transport or to hold for a later meal or late guests. I think beef ribs benefit from a wrap and cambro so I pretty much always wrap and hold those in a cambro or warming drawer.

Comment

Once they pass the bend test, having been smoked at 225, I wrap them and into a cooler until eatin' time. I try to let them rest 30min at least. I don't sauce them though. I prefer to sauce them as you eat them at the table.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                              No announcement yet.
                              Working...
                              X
                              false
                              ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                              false
                              false
                              {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                              Yes
                              ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                              /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here