Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Pork Trinity

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pork Trinity

Valentine’s Day supper had great plans for enlisting the Yoder, however, temps in the 20’s, wind at 30, and my intolerance for both tonight changed my approach.

That being said made pork loin chops stuffed with goat cheese and prosciutto. I mashed the cheese using a splash of olive oil and seasoned with salt and pepper. I cut the prosciutto into batonnets and then mixed them into the cheese mix.

I stuffed the pork loin with the cheese mix after a short (too short) dry brine then wrapped them with classic cut bacon. I put olive oil on them and sprinkled them with Ploughboys Yardbird Rub. I then browned them on both sides in a cast iron Dutch oven and browned bacon. After browning they were covered and went into a preheated oven at 300. I cooked them there for 10 minutes (3 minutes too long) and then served them with a salad with spinach and green beans sautéed in bacon.

The flavors worked well with one another and I will do this again. The pork was a bit over cooked, however, it was still fairly juicy and the stuffing was good. Next time I’ll go a couple minutes less in the oven or will reverse sear.

Best part about the cook was Offspring helped me throw the whole cook. Will miss this next year when he’s at college.
    Attached Files

That looks great.

Comment

Offspring. Like that term. I used "the boy". Good looking cook.

Comment

I like the way you think....pork trinity !!! You need to do that in your Yoder when the weather breaks. Nice work !!!

Comment

Bacon and cheese - two of my favorite things. Mouth watering recipe!

Comment

Got me wonderin, what would it be like if total cook was in the Dutch oven , rather than just the browning.
            I just might try this in my Cook-All. Hmm.

Comment

• Sweaty Paul
              Sweaty Paul commented
              Editing a comment
              I browned and then covered in Dutch oven. Next time, weather permitting, will do reverse sear. Think it would have been better if I’d cooked for 7 minutes in oven at 300.

Announcement

Collapse
          No announcement yet.
          Working...
          X
          false
          ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
          false
          false
          {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
          Yes
          ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
          /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here