Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Sous vide que pork belly

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sous vide que pork belly

Today I attempted the sous vide que pork belly recipe.
    Click image for larger version

Name:	20190204_165103.jpg
Views:	288
Size:	161.0 KB
ID:	632361 After verifying it was delicious, I used the marinade/pork juices from the vacuum bag as a soup base. Mixed with lots of garlic and ginger, and chicken stock, and other stuff... it ended up being as tasty as any ramen I've found 😁 Click image for larger version

Name:	20190204_165422.jpg
Views:	202
Size:	198.2 KB
ID:	632362

Wow! This looks spectacular! Thanks for sharing! This makes me hungry just looking at it.

Comment

Oh yea I'm all over that. Love to see a formal recipe !!

Comment

• Troutman
        Troutman commented
        Editing a comment
        I repeat what I wrote earlier, I'm doin' it !!!

The best I can do is semi-formal, but I'll give it a shot:

I took the juice from the vacuum bag (maybe 3 cups? Use whatever is there) and added a handful of dried mushrooms and about 10 dried chilies. I nuked it for a minute or so since it was still warm and let it sit covered. In a pot I heated veg oil and sesame oil (1 tbsp each?) And added about 10 cloves of garlic and a 1" piece of ginger, both minced. Cooked on medium for a few minutes. Added slivered fresh chilies. At this point I should have added fresh mushrooms but I forgot I had any until later. Deglaze with mirin. Add the marinade mixture and chicken stock (I used "better than bouillon" cuz that's what I had). At this point I remembered the fresh mushrooms so I threw those in along with some bok choy (stems sliced thinly, leaves in 1/2" ribbons. Simmer for a while. Add soy sauce and rice vinegar to taste. Remove the dried chilies if you want... at this point they've done their job. Separately, cook your choice of noodles. Also, boil an egg or two. Add noodles to a giant bowl, top with soup. Top with several slices of the finished pork belly. Garnish with an egg, fresh cilantro, and green onions. Impress your family and friends, and post pictures online.

Comment

Lookin' great.

Comment

I’m doing this. Question- is there a ton of fat in the vacuum bag that should be separated?

Comment

I need to make this. WE need to make this.

Comment

DROOOOL. Can you give more details on the sous vide and que steps? gmoney
              Last edited by grantgallagher; October 2, 2019, 12:13 PM.

Comment

• Razor
                Razor commented
                Editing a comment
                Glad you found this thread. Completely passed me by.

Originally posted by grantgallagher View Post
              DROOOOL. Can you give more details on the sous vide and que steps? gmoney
              He mentions "the sous vide que pork belly recipe" so I assume he's referring to this recipe: https://amazingribs.com/tested-recip...que-pork-belly Hope this helps.

Comment

• grantgallagher
                grantgallagher commented
                Editing a comment
                Ah yes, of course. Thank you

wow! looks awesome!

Comment

Wowser! That looks delicious!

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                No announcement yet.
                Working...
                X
                false
                ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                false
                false
                {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                Yes
                ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here