Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I'm back with 2 for 1 Butts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm back with 2 for 1 Butts

So I volunteered to smoke 2 butts and a couple chubs of balogna for a Super Bowl party. Original plan was after youth basketball games I am coaching tomorrow I'd get started by 2 and get them done by 10 or 11 . Then my wife signed us up for a trivia game tomorrow night . Shoot! So I said ok I'll get up about 4 Sunday and smoke them and take them over hot off the smoker .

Then my son texts me yesterday and said hey Dad I am playing in the youth band in the main service at church Sunday . So the wife grumpily says I guess I'll go to trivia by myself. So I made the executive decision to go shop run home fire the smoker up and do it tonight. I put MMD on one and decided to spice things up. I put Twist'd Q Sweet Heat rub. Gots a good kick . I figure most will sweat off during the cook . I'm interested in a A/B comparison . It also will be interesting since there was NO dry brining at all.

I imagine it will be hard to tell anything is different . I'm going a little hotter than usual at 275-300 so I don't have to stay up til 3am .I will be wrapping when they get to about 175IT. It also gives me a chance to try out my Xmas gift .The Maverick XR50. Now drinking some beer and grill burgers in a bit.

Dont hate on my camo Crocs either!!

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20190201_170855.jpg
Views:	179
Size:	79.8 KB
ID:	630866Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20190201_172635.jpg
Views:	170
Size:	67.7 KB
ID:	630867Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20190201_175213.jpg
Views:	190
Size:	79.3 KB
ID:	630868Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20190201_181741.jpg
Views:	189
Size:	73.9 KB
ID:	630869

Have a Great Cook, Brother!

Comment

• droopie69
      droopie69 commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks. I love to run the smoker. I'm having some midnight or 3am snacks!!

• Mr. Bones
      Mr. Bones commented
      Editing a comment
      Yer weather looks GO, what a great night to do it, especial fer 01FEB !!!!

Same Same, here, within a degree or two, but doin some spares tomorrow to make some room in my icebox to allow me to buy a whole buncha other hunks of delicious meat that will allow me to repeat th whole shebang!

Almost perpetual motion, lol!

• droopie69
      droopie69 commented
      Editing a comment
      Luckily the vortex missed Memphis. We got to 20 to nights in a row but we got to -2 two years ago. It's 53 right now and in the 60's and 70'!!! Til next Friday. Then a storm with a chance of snow on the backend. Crazy.

Best of luck on your cook! Sounds like you need to employ the services of your son to help you out! Time to quit the band and get serious about BBQ son!

( I also own Camo crocs. The are amazing. Haters gonna hate, bro.)

Comment

• droopie69
      droopie69 commented
      Editing a comment
      The son lives with his mom and he's not much of a BBQ man. He's about to be 18 and he will eat ribs but he is not a pulled pork fan. I can't complain he's getting all A's and getting some scholarship money to go to UofTenn.

• Spinaker
      Spinaker commented
      Editing a comment
      Good for him! That is more than I can say about my high school performance. droopie69

Oh hell to the yes. Wrapped it at 180 about 1130pm. Took it to around 205 funny thing was the one on the right ran cooler the entire time. 5-15 cooler. But in the last few minutes the first one hit 205 and one of the right went from 198 to 205 in less than 5 minutes. So I took them off about 130am and wrapped in a moving blanket and stuck in the cooler. Was going to get up about 530 and pull but they were still 185. So got up at 7 and they were still 165 . Could have slept more!! Reheat and serve tomorrow. As far as no brining . Maybe my imagination but at least one of them doesn't seem to be...what my wife calls buttery...almost the way fudge melts in your mouth.

Could be my mouth only had 4 hours of sleep. The spicy rub is spicy, but as I figured no big difference overall only if you eat a piece that is primarily bark..

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20190202_071220.jpg
Views:	145
Size:	98.4 KB
ID:	631064Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20190202_071056.jpg
Views:	144
Size:	91.6 KB
ID:	631065

Comment

Very nice! Love it. I got 4 on right now...

Comment

Nice!

Comment

You are making me hungry !

Comment

I love pork
            Attached Files

Comment

• droopie69
              droopie69 commented
              Editing a comment
              That looks familiar. And appetizing

Announcement

Collapse
          No announcement yet.
          Working...
          X
          false
          ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
          false
          false
          {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
          Yes
          ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
          /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here