Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Chucker's Famous Smoked Tri-tip

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Chucker's Famous Smoked Tri-tip

Cooked on a Old Gas Brinkmann Smoker at 250 degrees for about 1 hour (135-140 degree internal meat temp) using Mystique & Hickory chips with a water bowl above the burner and below the meat. I turn up smoker to 300 degrees to finish. I like to purchase untrimmed Tri-tips. I trim all fat thicker than one inch and rub with Spade L Ranch Beef Seasoning on all sides. Let sit for one to two ours. Put some small pieces of hickory near burner and put mystique in smoker box. Do not soak chips. Turn on smoker and let it heat to 250 degrees. Let rest 30 min with foil and towel over top.
    Attached Files

Beautiful.

Comment

Sure looks good to me.

Comment

Where did you say you live and when's dinner?

Comment

Great looking Tri Tip! Good Job!

Comment

Excellent!

Comment

Nicely done. Looks great.

Comment

Very, very nicely done!

Comment

Very nice.

Comment

What I wanna know is where you been Chucker ?

Comment

Nice work!!!

Thank you for your YEARS of support!!!!!!

Comment

Being a Cali boy tri-tip has been part of my life for a long time. One of my fav's. Lemme rummage up a plate to pass over for a nice helping of yours! Looks really good!

Comment

Now let's see Chucker's Famous Chuckie.

Comment

Wish I could get tri-tip round here...

Comment

• Brewmaster
                              Brewmaster commented
                              Editing a comment
                              Swap you a tri tip for some beef ribs with meat on them, can't get that in Cali

• Texas Larry
                              Texas Larry commented
                              Editing a comment
                              Guess I’d have to think hard about that swap Brewmaster!

Great looking Tri Tip!

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                            No announcement yet.
                            Working...
                            X
                            false
                            ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                            false
                            false
                            {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                            Yes
                            ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                            /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here