Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Today's Cook - Pork belly & Apples.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Today's Cook - Pork belly & Apples.

- 2.66 lb HEB pork belly cured since 1800 on 1/14 using Meatheads Maple Bacon recipe. Increased total liquid to: 1.5 cups to get better coverage. Hopefully it's not over cured.
    - 2 Fuji apples covered in brown sugar, cinnamon and liquid butter in aluminum pan.
    - 0520 - started smoker @ 350. B&B Comp. Blend pellets.
    - 0540 - lowered temp to 225.
    - 0600 - loaded smoker, apples on top shelf.
    - 0900 - pulled the belly. Internal temp. - 152. Turned smoker off.
    - 0940 - pulled the apples.
    - 1000 - sliced belly.

https://share.fireboard.io/C47C91

https://photos.app.goo.gl/ZaazPcnD36LiQeYRA
    Attached Files
    Last edited by dsohmer; January 19, 2019, 10:48 AM.

Very nice! Good call on the apples one of the most underused and tasty ingredients around. I make grilled cheese and bacon with thin slices of apples. I also just came across a bacon wrapped hot dog that also uses diced apples which is climbing up my list! How did you bacon come out and how are you slicing it?

Comment

• dsohmer
      dsohmer commented
      Editing a comment
      This one is still on the smoker. First one a couple weeks ago came out good, slicing thin and across the grain. Got a new knife: https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

• Frozen Smoke
      Frozen Smoke commented
      Editing a comment
      You will love that Victoronix slicer dsohmer I've had mine for several years and have sliced many a brisket, ham and prime rib and it performs great. Victoronix is the best bang for your buck when it comes to knives.

Good lookin' cook.

Comment

Sweet cook! Remember to upload photos of the finished cook! I love apples too, they are really great to use in various dishes.

Comment

• dsohmer
        dsohmer commented
        Editing a comment
        Pictures uploaded.

• Henrik
        Henrik commented
        Editing a comment
        Thanks, looks tasty!!

Looks amazing! I have a 12lb Kurbota belly in the freezer that's been calling my name but I am still without my smoker so it will have to keep calling me for awhile longer.

Comment

Very nice

Comment

• Ahumadora
          Ahumadora commented
          Editing a comment
          Ye. great looking cook A truly well balanced meal pork n apples

• dsohmer
          dsohmer commented
          Editing a comment
          I sliced the belly for bacon and froze most of it.

Announcement

Collapse
      No announcement yet.
      Working...
      X
      false
      ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
      false
      false
      {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
      Yes
      ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
      /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here