Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Kale and bacon stuffed pork loin with roasted tomato, honey and chipotle sauce.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Kale and bacon stuffed pork loin with roasted tomato, honey and chipotle sauce.

I decided to try to elevate a pork loin I had and the results were absolutely awesome. This is a Tuffy Stone recipe that ya'll should definitely try. The caraway seed adds a interesting spice twist to the normal seasoning blends and really brings out the sweetness in the pork and the earthiness of the kale.

First, I rendered some bacon down until almost crispy and the fat had almost rendered. To the skillet, I added diced shallots and garlic and let it sweat. Once sweated, I added a bunch of black kale that I had stemmed and chopped roughly and tossed. Once tossed well in the renderings and veggies, I added roughly a cup of chicken bone broth and brought to a simmer. Once the liquid was almost fully evaporated, I added in a tablespoon of apple cider vinegar and tossed the greens and took off the heat.
    Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4179.jpg
Views:	191
Size:	156.4 KB
ID:	618009
    While the kale cooled, I butterflied the pork loin, brushed with melted butter on both sides, and dusted with the caraway rub. I filled the center of the loin with the kale mix, rolled and tied. Once tied, I season the outside of the loin with the remainder of the caraway rub and placed on the cool side of a grill at 400. I rolled the loin and moistened with apple juice every 15 minutes. It hit 140 after about an hour and took off to rest. I sliced on the bias and served with the roasted tomato, honey and chipotle sauce at the table.
    Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4180.jpg
Views:	118
Size:	267.3 KB
ID:	618010Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4181.jpg
Views:	117
Size:	160.1 KB
ID:	618011Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4188.jpg
Views:	119
Size:	97.6 KB
ID:	618012
    Caraway Rub:
    3 tablespoons kosher salt
    1 tablespoon fresh ground pepper
    1 teaspoon crushed red pepper
    1 tablespoon fresh ground caraway seeds
    1 teaspoon granulated garlic
    1/2 teaspoon granulated onion

Great looking roulade. I'm not much of a kale man but have done it with spinach, same difference. Thanks for the great recipe writeup !!!

Comment

• pmorse36
      pmorse36 commented
      Editing a comment
      If you're not into kale, any bitter green would work. I've done similar recipes with swiss chard and collard greens. All good!

Very nice.

Comment

Very nice indeed!

Comment

Lost me at Kale

Comment

Nice job, thanks for the recipe.

Comment

Nice! If it were me, I'd probably sub fresh spinach for the kale ... but that's just a minor personal preference.

Comment

Haha lots of kale haters on here! I would say that Swiss chard, collards our mustard greens would be substantially better replacements in this dish over spinach. Spinach won’t hold a texture when sautéed and will continue purging a lot of liquid throughout the cook and be bit of a mushy mess. The other greens mentioned, and the damn kale , all hold up much better and I’m telling you when you do the sautéed of rendered bacon? Garlic and shallots, these greens REALLY pop! Give it a try!

Comment

• Fire Art
                Fire Art commented
                Editing a comment
                I don’t think even bacon could help kale

• pmorse36
                pmorse36 commented
                Editing a comment
                Hahaha, ok fair enough

• cap10casey
                cap10casey commented
                Editing a comment
                Honestly, I don't mind Kale that much, wife is Vegan so there's always some in the house, she does get jealous when I bring in the end result off the smoker however...lol.

Looks good!

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
              No announcement yet.
              Working...
              X
              false
              ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
              false
              false
              {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
              Yes
              ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
              /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here