Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Smoked Suckling Pig

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Smoked Suckling Pig

This was supposed to be for Christmas dinner for our family and our neighbor's family. But even though I asked the meat market to get the pig several days before I planned to pick it up so they could defrost it, it was frozen solid when I picked it up on Christmas eve. So we had prime rib for Christmas dinner, and put the pig in our outside refrigerator to thaw. We smoked the pig today on my Lang smoker. Attached are pictures. Sides were baked beans, slaw, potato casserole, and banana pudding. I cooked the 23 pound pig at a smoker temperature of about 250 degrees F., to an internal temperature of 190 degrees in the hams. It took 6 1/2 hours. Smoker temperatures were measured by a ThermoWorks Smoke, and pig temperatures by two ThermoWorks Chef Alarms. Here are pictures.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Pig 002.JPG
Views:	324
Size:	120.0 KB
ID:	615417

Name:	Pig 003.JPG
Views:	325
Size:	126.6 KB
ID:	615418

Name:	Smoked Pig 002.JPG
Views:	666
Size:	118.3 KB
ID:	615419

Sucklings make such awesome looking presentations. Great job RA, bet it was good, wish I lived in your hood

Comment

I appreciate the meal and its ritual magic. But it won't be happening around here - looks too much like our grunting pit bulls!

Comment

• EdF
        EdF commented
        Editing a comment
        Red Man - sometimes the resemblance is uncanny!

• ddmcwhirter
        ddmcwhirter commented
        Editing a comment
        There's a FB post of a dog looking warily at the pig on a smoker, eye's wide!

• EdF
        EdF commented
        Editing a comment
        ddmcwhirter - this is what I'm talking about!

That looks Really Good
      BTW no need to feed the pig once cooked.

Comment

That looks good enough to eat

Comment

Nice going, great presentation. My father in law is going to cook a 25lb one in his gas oven and we will eat it cold New years eve.

Comment

That looks great, but I don't think my wife could eat something that looked so real.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
            No announcement yet.
            Working...
            X
            false
            ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
            false
            false
            {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
            Yes
            ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
            /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here