Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Iberico Ribs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Iberico Ribs

Lots of high end meat out there now that is accessible from places like Snake River Farms, Marx Foods, etc. As rib lovers we wanted to try kurobuta, duroc, etc. Stumbled across some fun reading about Iberico pork (only ever had the ham) and had to try them out as they were preached upon as the gold standard in pork.

Ordered from Marx Foods and they came super frozen and well packaged. When we opened up the first rack for smoking, they were incredibly well marbled. A deeper color red as well. There is some fat to trim away and then we went at 225 on the pellet grill for about 4 hours and then wrapped up for another hour and they were DONE!

Super different with even a slightly oily texture, but the meat was as good as anything I have had. Almost candied in flavor and delicious.

Click image for larger version

Name:	9d104e85a3a1ce4b5eb9ba6ab8f96bd4-L.jpg
Views:	90
Size:	97.2 KB
ID:	613778

Name:	11e689cb0f83ded085af3a89dffcf2a8-L.jpg
Views:	64
Size:	157.9 KB
ID:	613779

Name:	IMG_5594-L.jpg
Views:	64
Size:	149.5 KB
ID:	613780

Name:	6041eba2a4c915820ad439b8ccaaa685-L.jpg
Views:	65
Size:	105.2 KB
ID:	613781

Looks most excellent!

Comment

Nice cook! I love iberico ribs, they are readily available here (in Sweden).

Comment

Originally posted by Henrik View Post
        Nice cook! I love iberico ribs, they are readily available here (in Sweden).
        Sadly not here, at least not in FL. Good thing is mail order makes it easy.

Comment

Nice job there new guy, welcome to the Pit. I've tried and really liked them but they are cost prohibitive. I'll stick with the Berkshires.

Comment

Great lookin' ribs.

Comment

Originally posted by Troutman View Post
              Nice job there new guy, welcome to the Pit. I've tried and really liked them but they are cost prohibitive. I'll stick with the Berkshires.
              Yeah it was definitely a fun trial and we got 5 racks of them. Berkshire is up next I believe for us.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
              No announcement yet.
              Working...
              X
              false
              ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
              false
              false
              {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
              Yes
              ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
              /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here