Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Reverse Sear Home Cut Chops

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Reverse Sear Home Cut Chops

Click image for larger version

Name:	23FA3AE0-842C-412B-8490-870270996981.jpeg
Views:	104
Size:	118.6 KB
ID:	608520Click image for larger version

Name:	9DCA992B-515D-44B7-BF16-D21FB9F41D86.jpeg
Views:	158
Size:	145.0 KB
ID:	608518 Bought a section of loin roast, portioned it myself, enough for 3 chops, 2” thick. Dry Brined for 2 days, season with a rub I got from Bbq Buddha. Rec Tec at 225, threw ‘em on right outta the fridge. Threw on warp 10 gasser for a couple minutes. Interesting thing, they had a bacon flavor. This is the second time I’ve experienced this on the pellet grill. I’ve read that gas smokers can do this to pork, but wasn’t expecting it from pellets.
    Attached Files

What temp were they when you pulled from the RecTec?

Comment

Raised on pork and that stuff never gets old. Had some small thin chops today. Beautiful pics!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by DavidNorcross View Post
        What temp were they when you pulled from the RecTec?
        About 115. Wasn’t bad flavor, just never saw anything on the flavor profile when researching pellet smokers

Comment

• Troutman
          Troutman commented
          Editing a comment
          You only cooked pork chops to 115* IT ??

• McEDaddy
          McEDaddy commented
          Editing a comment
          Should clarify, put them on direct flame at 115 until 140 degrees

Originally posted by Jerod Broussard View Post
        Raised on pork and that stuff never gets old. Had some small thin chops today. Beautiful pics!!!!
        Thanks

Comment

Not a bad idea cutting your own. Good way to get the nice thick chops. I'll have to remember that. I want to try SV on some nice thick ones.

Comment

Nicely done.

Comment

Very nice!

Comment

Love a good chop especially a reverse sear one! Looks fantastic from here!

Comment

We did them SV then sear with similar results a couple of nights ago. Buying the whole loin and cutting up yourself is the way to go, much less expensive and you get what you want as far as thickness.

Comment

The bacon flavor could have been the amount of time you brined them. I usually only do a couple/three hours for pork chops (if that). They sure look great!

Comment

Very nice looking chops.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                      No announcement yet.
                      Working...
                      X
                      false
                      ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                      false
                      false
                      {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                      Yes
                      ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                      /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here