Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bacon

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bacon

Curing Bacon tonight smoking on a Rec-Tec tomorrow I was thinking going low and slow at 200 to internal temp of 135 sound good or does anybody have any ideas thanks

From what I've read you want to hit 145 internal. I've also read that 225 is the best temp. Don't want the fat to render too much.

Comment

Homemade bacon is easy and the results are much better than grocery store smoked bacon. You can make countless variations once you have the basic homemade smoked bacon recipe down.

Comment

• JGo37
        JGo37 commented
        Editing a comment
        Love the Asian bacon, occasionally is the key...

What'd you think of the results on the Rec-Tec?

Comment

I smoke 100-150lbs per month. I look for 150* internal and smoke at around 180for an hour, then bump it to 250 for usually another hour.

Comment

I just pulled another pork belly out of the freezer for my third batch of bacon. I've been following Meathead 's method and recipes. That means this batch will be Asian style.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
          No announcement yet.
          Working...
          X
          false
          ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
          false
          false
          {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
          Yes
          ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
          /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here