Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

My take on Ribs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My take on Ribs

Remove membrane, coat wil olive oil, treat with Amazing Ribs Memphis dust. Sweet Baby Rays the last hour. Click image for larger version

Name:	P1030078.JPG
Views:	93
Size:	260.0 KB
ID:	575894
    Attached Files

Looks tasty!

Comment

Good job.

Comment

Bootieful WIBS!

Comment

• Elton's BBQ
          Elton's BBQ commented
          Editing a comment

Ok those look amazing! I’ll have to get some ribs next weekend...

Comment

Those look nice!
          Did you cook them on that sweet looking Yoder in your avatar? Just curious as I have one of those with the same cart color on the way as we speak.
          I am assuming you cooked them at 225-250? How long did it take to cook? Did all 4 racks fit on the bottom grate?
          Sorry for all the questions. I'm excited about getting the Yoder. Can't wait to get my hands on it!

Comment

• fracmeister
            fracmeister commented
            Editing a comment
            I have a 640 as well. Not sure how these are done but I do them 225 all the way and have done them on bottom and top grates. They take a bit longer on the top. I finish with a variant of homemade KC-style sauce mixed with jam and take them off and caramelize with a blow torch/industrial size propane weed killer. That is half for high speed caramelization and the other 90% for dramatic effect.

• SammyJ
            SammyJ commented
            Editing a comment
            Yes, all four on the bottom grate. 245 for about 6 hours. Your welcome on the color, it's a chrysler color code, I was the first, and they kept the color. Paid extra also!

Nice color.

Comment

Great looking ribs!

Comment

They look like candy!

Comment

That'll work...

Comment

Your take on ribs is quite delicious looking. Great job. 👍

Comment

I agree, great looking ribs. Time and temp is what I'm wondering.

Comment

Beautimous lookin ribs, brother! Fine Job, that!

Comment

Excellent! I suppose you use the olive oil under the "oil soluble" components in the spices theory? Not sure if it makes a difference since I cant really tell a diff when I just dont use anything. I never used to coat with any liquid but wound up making a double batch of the Carolina Gold sauce and have been using that. I salt them 24 hours before that and after membrane removal.

Comment

Nicely done

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                          No announcement yet.
                          Working...
                          X
                          false
                          ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                          false
                          false
                          {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                          Yes
                          ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                          /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here