Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Smoking pork roast

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Smoking pork roast

I'm thinking of smoking a pork roast stuffed with brie and blueberries with a maple glaze sauce this weekend. Does anyone have tips or suggestions? I could not find if this has been done before. I did not see a past link for this topic.

By pork roast I am presuming you are talking about a pork loin.
    Lean pork is pretty mild (although you do have some pretty assertive flavors accompanying it) and thus doesn't need much in the way of smoke. Recommendation #1 is that I'd keep the smoke to a minimum - maybe a golf-ball sized chunk of wood, apple is what I recommend. #2 don't put the maple glaze on at the start of the cook. The sugars in the glaze will burn if exposed to the heat for too long.

What are you cooking this in?

Comment

• EdF
      EdF commented
      Editing a comment
      And #3, don't take it any higher than 145F; 140F should be ok with the residual warmup.

• Smoqn gene2143
      Smoqn gene2143 commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks for the recommendations. I will keep them in mind this weekend. Also you are right it is pork loin thanks for the clarification.

Sorry for not responding right away, its hard working nights. Thanks for the suggestion. I'm thinking of using my masterbuilt cabinet smoker(propane). I have some cherry wood that I would like to use. The maple glaze is going on last 10 minutes of cook or so. Light smoke is a great suggestion, as well as the temp. I will try to post pics of my cook.

Comment

• JeffJ
      JeffJ commented
      Editing a comment
      Yes. Please post pics.

Are you talking a true pork loin or a tenderloin? I do tenderloin all the time for quick dinners, would love a new recipe! Share results ASAP!

Comment

• Smoqn gene2143
      Smoqn gene2143 commented
      Editing a comment
      I was thinking true pork loin. I have to postpone the cook until next week, had an unexpected issue pop up.

If it's pork loin, do a roulade. Cut the loin open by splaying it out with a large knife to about 3/4" thick. Slather it with your brie and berries then roll it up, tie it and cook it to about 140* internal as was suggested above. I usually cook mine at about 250* with some cherry or apple wood. I have two or three favorite sweet glazes to put on at the very end. Don't glaze it too soon (as was also said), or the sugars will burn. Here's a similar one I did recently that shows what I'm talking about;

Pork Loin

Comment

• Smoqn gene2143
      Smoqn gene2143 commented
      Editing a comment
      That sounds really good I will take a look at that for next week's cook.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
Working...
X
false
["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
false
false
{"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
Yes
["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
/forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here