Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bacon...First Try is Delicious using the Vortex

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bacon...First Try is Delicious using the Vortex

I smoked bacon today that has been curing for 7 days and can't wait for breakfast tomorrow morning. Meathead's recipe and process worked like a charm...thank you. It was the first time I used the Vortex on my 26.5" Weber and really liked how it performed.

Man that looks good! Great job!

Comment

Lookin' good dshaffes! Do us a favor, head over to the Introduce Yourself thread and let us get to know you a little better! (Then I'll give you your homework assignment so as not to bombard you here).

Comment

Once you have made your own bacon using MH's recipe you will never buy store bought bacon again!

-Alden

Comment

Oh man does that look good. Nice work Alden. I'm having some family come into town this Friday, I was gonna do some bacon for a huge breakfast on Saturday after we go out for a hunt. Any tips or tricks that you could pass on regarding the bacon? I also have a Vortex that I can use in my Keg Kamado.
          Thanks Brother!!

Comment

Just follow MH's recipe. It's so simple. I've smoked mine at an average of about 250 and it only takes an hour. It's so good. I've been doing 2.5 lbs each time and it gets eaten so quickly. Great with breakfast, on burgers, and I've done some cubed for salads.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
            No announcement yet.
            Working...
            X
            false
            ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
            false
            false
            {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
            Yes
            ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
            /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here