Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Breaded pork chops on pellet grill.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Breaded pork chops on pellet grill.

Thinking of doing breaded pork chops on my CC tonight. Using sear station to get a good crust then finish at 200 and smoke till it is 160. Never tried this before. What do you think.

I've done chicken parm with breaded chicken breasts on my pellet. Seared them off in my gasser once they had reached temp (which was about 160*). Works out pretty well, not as rich as deep fried but fairly good since you get the benefit of some smokiness. With pork chops; however, I would only go to about 135* or so then sear to 140-145*. Much juicier and tender for my pallet.

Comment

What if I sear first so breading can crisp. Then smoke to 140. Will breading get soft?

Comment

• Troutman
        Troutman commented
        Editing a comment
        That’s what I would fear, soft breading if pre-seared.

I don't think you'll need to sear. The breading will toast up during cook so you won't need it. The breading might just burn during the sear anyway. I'd think about cooking them hot, and only to IT 135. Rest to 140.
      Good luck, whatever you do!

Comment

Thanks to all for their thoughts and suggestions.

Comment

Hadn't thought about putting breaded pork chops on the smoker. Great idea. Depending on the thickness of the cut, I wonder whether you start low until internal temperature is, say, 120-130, and then finish hot (but not sear - say 400 degrees) until you hit your desired temperature? I sometimes use this method with whole chickens to get the skin crispy at the end.

Comment

Breaded seared on CC sear box thenin pellet grill on high smoke until internal temp around 140. Lost some breading but that was my fault Click image for larger version

Name:	BE3D20A1-73F1-4D9B-AB3B-FB2893C193EB.jpeg
Views:	365
Size:	133.7 KB
ID:	557325Click image for larger version

Name:	51A0180D-D4DD-4D21-BC48-01FE21C15800.jpeg
Views:	359
Size:	148.3 KB
ID:	557326
            Attached Files

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
            No announcement yet.
            Working...
            X
            false
            ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
            false
            false
            {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
            Yes
            ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
            /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here